JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been raising and slaughtering beef on my place for years. my grandkids used to ask where the cow went. we would take them to the freezer and show them packages of frozen meat, and then have it for supper. didnt take them long to make the connection. we have a freezer full of beef now, i cant wait for elk season to roll around, maybe there will be some elk meat to go with it

A guy at work today said how he was coming to my place when SHTF, another guy looked at him and laughed and said you know you and your family would better off if you just put away some food instead of committing suicide. He stood there a minute while I just smiled and he walked away and never said another word.

Anyone is welcome at my house....I won't be here.

Anyone is welcome at my house....I won't be here.

That's my static reply for the folks I know saying "I'm coming to your house."
I just say, "No problem, stay as long as you like, I won't be there."
I doubt they'll venture 15 miles on foot to find out if I'm home.

Looters in KAtrina weren't worried about the end of the world. They figured the rest of us would bail them out like we always do for the Gulf Coast. They were entirely rational. Greedy, immoral jerks, but rational.

I kept picturing the original looter having his/her TV taken by someone else, then by someone else, then by someone else, until it had been taken and dropped so many times it wouldn't work.

Keep in mind that PPL who have not eaten in 5 days transform into sub-humans, their brain function is reduced and only the baser functions remain, moral restraint disappears. Also remember that in the "Good old days of natural farming" a significant portion of any given population would starve, not just in winter, but into spring and summer. People would survive on grass soup or die a wasted corpse and there are enough cases of people eating those wasted corpses to be an uncomfortable topic. People wanna brag about their organic garden but when the insects arrive and wipe out an entire crop, just as the larder is depleted, being a Earth Friendly farmer will have lost it's luster. Chances are that your farming neighbors will have suffered as well. Oh for the days of DDT!o_O

Even though I dont raise livestock unless you count the deer that come around for the apples I still would be OK if SHTF going around butchering for those wannabe ranchers. I laugh at the guys who take their deer to a butcher/game processor instead of doing it theirselves and making their own hamburger, sausage and steaks. If it werent for the mobile butchers, roofing companies, plumbers, electricians, framers, veteranarians, mechanics both car/truck and tractor these people would sell their places in a heartbeat.

You should rethink that, Sometimes it comes down to "TIME" to be able too.

you gonna laugh at me because I take my cow in? Well sorry, If time were no problem I'd do it all myself then and have.

I've raised crops, including wheat, and eaten them before harvesting.

I've shot and butchered my own meat.

I was raised on a farm.

If I can grow and raise food, I won't starve.

Problem is, all that is a lot of hard work. I have back problems and at 62 I am not getting any younger. So my best bet for survival at this point is to make as much money as I can sitting on my posterior and using my brains, to buy food instead of growing/raising it. When I retire, maybe I will go back to my roots - literally.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top