Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Most amazing auto auction ever. Time capsule cars from 50s, 60s. Most <5 miles

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Burt Gummer, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

[video=youtube;rRFiSUH4gdQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRFiSUH4gdQ[/video]

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

And all it is going to do is drive the price on all of those cars even higher, just like the Barrett Jackson bullbubblegum.

bubblegums.

3. Burt Gummer

There are deals always to be found. My friend sold his mom's always-garaged '64 Impala w/ 48k miles to a neighbor for $5000.00. I missed that memo.

4. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

Amazing.........but these cars will need a lot of work. Much of the rubber will be toast as will some of the plastics and engine seals

5. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

just heard about this last weekend, seems the owner of the dealership kept almost all of the trade ins at his dealership for nearly thirty years. they look kinda rough at first glance but there will be an awesome cache of parts!:thumbup:

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  6. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

I saw an orange IH Scout pickup in video #2 and #3 that I'd love to have. Would love to see what he has in the way of 67-73 Camaro's too.

7. Burt Gummer

Amazing what NEW cars and trucks being parked and left outside that long look like now. Like abused crap.

Still work a fortune though I am sure.

Just goes to show the difference in finding a car/truck that has been garaged vs parked on the street though. I had an FJ Cruiser that was garaged for three years and always looked like new, then parking it on the street for a year aged it greatly.
    Never realized the damage the elements really did before that time.

When buying/selling a used car look over the rubber door molding. A dead giveaway as to how the vehicle was stored even if the paint looks fine.