JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thats a good question. I had to look up what type of mount that was.

Wouldnt the muzzle blast coat the lense in carbon pretty quick since it would sit right over the top of the barrel?

I was thinking about picking up an Elzetta or the IWC light mount for my AR pistol.

I have similar thoughts. I'm sure the crud will get all over it, mounted where it is. I like where the light is, but I don't think it will do well for very long.

I had a TLR mounted almost even with the back of the brake on a 9mm Scorpion. It got pretty dirty. I moved it to about 1/2" behind the brake and it was fine after that. There are bayonet-mount-to-picatinny adapters out there that might do the trick for you. I got one from Cross-Tac that I like. The original one was a little loose. I called the company and they said the newer ones were better and sent me one for free. Very happy.

My date says that trimmed toenails are a sign of a sensitive lover. Not sure if she's complimenting you or giving me a hint. Or stirring up trouble. :rolleyes:

Hmm, gotta go.

Might be worth trying it with a really cheap light first - see what happens. As it is, I wouldn't do it, I'm certain that's not going to end well.

I had a TLR mounted almost even with the back of the brake on a 9mm Scorpion. It got pretty dirty. I moved it to about 1/2" behind the brake and it was fine after that. There are bayonet-mount-to-picatinny adapters out there that might do the trick for you. I got one from Cross-Tac that I like. The original one was a little loose. I called the company and they said the newer ones were better and sent me one for free. Very happy.

My date says that trimmed toenails are a sign of a sensitive lover. Not sure if she's complimenting you or giving me a hint. Or stirring up trouble. :rolleyes:

Hmm, gotta go.

Tell your date to look closer to his avatar.... womens' panties marked, "MRE".... :rolleyes::D

The bayo/pic mounts are a generic lure to a solution. With what's available, no one has figured it out yet.
I'll add a shroud to the bottom of the mossie to extend out over the muzzle and try it. If it doesn't work out or the light gets roasted, I'll chalk it up to R&D.

Remember the FSB is also the gas block. That is going to get freaking hot after dumping a few mags and transmit that heat into the light. You will cook the batteries and then then light. Also radiated heat from the barrel.

Iraqgunz at M4C says he's used Mossies on his 11.5's without a problem.

I'm considering one for my 10.3, but 1. I'm not gonna be doing Rock-n-Roll mag dumps, 2. because of the slim light I'm using I'm going to be mounting it much higher on the FSB than normal if I use it and 3. flashcan all the way, though I'm going BFD rather than BD180.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews