Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

MOSSBERG SUING 12 MANUFACTURES OVER DROP IN TRIGGERS. MORE LAWSUITS LIKELY

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Ttuck, May 20, 2016.

1. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Guess companies should verify patents eh?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Backlash against Mossberg & CMC is going to be pretty epic. It's going to make the backlash from Smith & Wesson going after companies who modified the M&P like a playground scuffle. Patents have an expiration date - be interesting to see how the patent case holds up. Also going to be a good e-Peen measuring contest over which companies have bigger war-chests. Ruger makes drop in triggers, Geissele obviously, Timney, Hiperfire, Wilson Combat... stuff is about to get real. I hope Mossberg is ready to eat what is in the can they just opened up - even if they're right from a legal standpoint - the market doesn't respond well to bullies. Mossberg may wind up being dead right. Then I guess whoever buys up their assets would have the choice to make - continue where they left off, or play nice with others. Small licensing fees maybe - not costly lawsuits where the only ones making money are the shuckster lawyers while both gun companies and consumers get screwed. The timing on this is really suspicious too - I wonder if Bloomberg is heavily invested in gun companies and is hurting for cash from blowing it all on his antigun stupidity? heh.

Either way #NeverMossberg has begun

4. Goosebrown

Goosebrown Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Companies have the right to keep their intellectual property. The gun business margin is thin. They deserve to keep the edges they think up within the law.

Dyjital, DuneHopper and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

To be fair, Gisselle only makes one drop-in trigger, the one for the Tavor.
    The McCormick patent was filed in 2004 so there are 8 more years remaining in that patent protection. Pretty significant numbers, and Mossberg does have a good legal point.
    To settle for licensing fees would be a smart negotiating move, once they establish ownership in the courts.

Dyjital and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Why has this not come up before this?

Ttuck and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

I smell a Big Rat on this one! Mossberg is going to need to prove previous ownership (CMC) beyond the others. Also, some of the "others" may have patents on there products that would need to be arbitrated. Also, Mossy may hold the intellectual rights to there version of the arms in question, but hasn't been in THAT game all that long! I suspect something else going on here!