JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I purchased a picatini (sp) rail that I plan on mounting and putting a 206 on. How hard was the safety switch out?
Its really easy. You want to be sure to do it with the slide back, otherwise the safety lock will fall out (PITA) and be careful as there's a little spring and ball bearing right under the switch shim plate. They say you don't need to re-use the shim but I put it back in anyway. And the screw is an anti tamper screw. You just need to set your screw driver on it and give it a couple firm taps to break it loose. I tightened everything up the 1st time with the safety on and it wouldn't move. Loosened it and tightened it again with it off and it worked. There's a few videos on Youtube that explain it pretty well. I changed out the one on my 500 too, the Mossberg switch chews my thumb up.

Its really easy. You want to be sure to do it with the slide back, otherwise the safety lock will fall out (PITA) and be careful as there's a little spring and ball bearing right under the switch shim plate. They say you don't need to re-use the shim but I put it back in anyway. And the screw is an anti tamper screw. You just need to set your screw driver on it and give it a couple firm taps to break it loose. I tightened everything up the 1st time with the safety on and it wouldn't move. Loosened it and tightened it again with it off and it worked. There's a few videos on Youtube that explain it pretty well. I changed out the one on my 500 too, the Mossberg switch chews my thumb up.
Which safety did you go with?

I got CDMGears Delta Wave. Its easy on the thumb and you're definitely gonna be able to find it in the dark. I ordered from their Ebay site and got it a few days later, put it on and was happy. The next week I received another. I spent 3 weeks trying to get them to send me a PP return label and they kept blowing it off. They finally told me to keep it so I put it on the 500. I gave them some more biz because of it but so far they haven't done it again. :(
:D

IMG_20171030_131505-348410.JPG

Last Edited:
I just switched out my safety yesterday - used a promag safety slider
be sure you rack the slide all the way back first to hold the safety in place
I used a gunsmithing precision screwdriver, a little downward pressure and had no problem removing the anti tamper screw
watch out for that little detent ball bearing - put a towel under the firearm to catch it if it rolls out
it's a 6-32 if you want to purchase a standard screw at a hardware store
literally took 2 min
Midway sell all the parts, if you loose anything

You may be surprised but a properly contoured bird handle grip is very nice to shoot one handed. I have shocked my friends when I shoot double aught one handed after they shot one with a pistol grip and complained at the recoil.
I haven't tried it with that particular one but an old Stevens double barrel found in a dump in the 1980s that had a broken stock and badly pitted barrel. I cut barrel down and cut stock to a nice bird handle. Soldered a brass bead on the end and enjoyed it ever since.

Doesn't the shape make the recoil "piston" the bird's head grip through your grip (thereby reducing felt recoil)? Versus a pistol grip that torques your wrist backward during recoil (with your hand taking much more of the recoil)?

Last Edited:
Doesn't the shape make the recoil "piston" the bird's head grip through your grip (thereby reducing felt recoil)? Versus a pistol grip that torques your wrist backward during recoil (with your hand taking much more of the recoil)?
I fired a pistol gripped 12 gauge once and told myself that I wouldn't do that again. Just about everybody that has shot mine has had the same experience. After shaming them into trying it the usual reaction is a very surprised-"WOW! That isn't bad at all!" Uh that's what I've been telling you. :rolleyes:
It kind of rolls in your hand rather than recoiling straight back into your palm-wrist-forearm. But the big question is...Can you shoot skeet with it? The fun starts at about 2:25 in. :)

Yes. It pivots upward instead of pushing straight back with your wrist in an unnatural position.
follow up shots take a lot longer though.

I just ordered a 12ga. Shockwave to use for a truck gun. It will fit nicely under the rear seat in my truck.
Another reason is that Salem will be very busy with anti 2A legislation this upcoming session and I want one before, if or when they're banned here.
Molon Labe

I couldn't put it any better than Norwestr55 - just this ol' man doesn't make videos
I found an old USGI silent sling works just great on this" firearm"

tried reduced recoil LE 1 oz slugs today - very manageable and goes through both dual panel front doors of a '86 Dodge cargo van and splintered a 6x6 fence post 20 ft past it

then I had to promise my neighbor I would replace his fence post

RJMT

it's 6:35 here
just took the Shockwave out in the front porch and fired off a Dragon's breath round!
the fireball was 4' across and threw a flame 30 yds downfield
the wet grass had burning particles for several seconds
we're at 1000' - the flame reflected off the low clouds and the ground fog turned orange
I have to find a way to capture this on film for the rest of you
only have 9 of these left - I NEED TO GET MORE OF THESE

RJMT

it's 6:35 here
just took the Shockwave out in the front porch and fired off a Dragon's breath round!
the fireball was 4' across and threw a flame 30 yds downfield
the wet grass had burning particles for several seconds
we're at 1000' - the flame reflected off the low clouds and the ground fog turned orange
I have to find a way to capture this on film for the rest of you
only have 9 of these left - I NEED TO GET MORE OF THESE

RJMT
Pics pics pics!!!

I have been waiting for someone who has shot both the Mossberg and Remington to opine on the difference if any in shootability with the Mossberg having approximately an inch of receiver behind the trigger guard where the Rapter grip attaches, while on the Remington the grip attaches just behind the trigger guard. Any thoughts?
The Mossberg is more pleasant of the two models to shoot primarily because of strap on the corncob grip to tighten into as rjmt described. Mossberg also got out faster with a 20 gauge, I would love to try that on some Eurasian collard doves.

This is a great conversation, I sold through a stack of these and then all my buyers dried up and I saw a few sell them for way more to someone that loaded transfer fees on top! Pays to search the ads... My only complaint about the Mossbergs was the finish, but I got one in today with FDE Cerakote and it is lovely.

I introduced several buisness associates of mine in rural NY staste to the Shockwave
HA HA - they all have them on order, including the 20 ga for their wives and girlfriends
Have the letter from Suffolk Co NY
how do I load a .pdf file on this forum?

RJMT

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top