JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have lightly combed YouTube and NWFA, looking for info on this rifle in 7.62, mainly accuracy 3-600 yards. I already have a MVP Predator in 5.56, but I haven't fired it yet. I bought it because, It seems awesome and I got a sweet deal.

I've been looking at 308's for a while and I really like the MVP Patrol for many reasons but I'm trying to find out what the actual range these are effectively accurate at and do they shoot moa or what. I'm looking for real life info, not sponsor related info.

My POU behind this rifle is hunting/brush(in the future, probably 200 on in) and long range shooting (for me) out to 300 yards and just fun at the range. I will probably never shoot out past 600, 90 percent of the time it will be less than 50-200 yards. Also, I'm not looking at cooking up my own perfect hand loads, I just want to shoot what I can find at a reasonable price.

Any personal experience or reference to reliable unbiased resources would be greatly appreciated.

These are mythical 308s. They don't exist I think.

Jk. I haven't seen one in 308 yet on any store near me.

I have held all of the 556 models and have shot the 556 varmint version. Very nice rifle.

I have held the 308 and wonder about its viability.

Posted in another thread about this as a possible weapon of purchase.

J&B Firearm Sales has two.

I'm not saying they do not exist. I'm stating they are few and far between. I was expecting them to be in stores on shelves taking away from remington and savage sales. Especially with remington having so much fun with recalls and such.

I forgot to mention. Though the coworker that owns the 556 version needs a good scope on his varmint version that I shot. I was still able to get 1.5" groups at 100. That's with a remington 700 combo scope 3-9x40 and federal ball might I add. I would say with better glass and ammo it would happily shoot sub MOA groups. If the 308 is anything like it, it should be a damn fine rifle.

No first hand experience, but from what my customers have told me (at least two or three), the accuracy with factory ammo seems to be 1.5-2 MOA. Two customers who had these sold them and ended up with the Ruger GSR. It wasn't so much the accuracy, or even the reliability directly. They said the Ruger just looked and felt better put together and stronger.

I dig the fact that it takes SR25 mags AND M1A/M14 mags. I used to have a GSR and while Ruger makes cheaper polymer mags for them, they are limited on capacity. When it first came out you had to buy AI mags and those things are not cheap. Made with unicorn blood or something.

I'm not saying they do not exist. I'm stating they are few and far between. I was expecting them to be in stores on shelves taking away from remington and savage sales. Especially with remington having so much fun with recalls and such.

Mossberg is a much smaller company than Remington or Savage. I don't believe that they have anywhere near the distribution network that they have.

The NFD Network has them in stock and available:

<broken link removed>

Remington is owned by the Freedom Group, which is controlled by Cerberus. Savage is owned by defense contractor, ATK.

If you bought a rifle because "it seems awesome" but won't shoot it.... Does it really matter if the 308 will or won't shoot?! Shoot what you have, live with it, you decide if it's a good or bad build.

It certainly looks like a very interesting rifle concept.

I'm not sure of what bias they would have on this, but an online article over at Americanrifleman.org posted an average spread of 1.24 MOA with different loads used.

With good handloads, I don't see why a rifle like this couldn't do 1 MOA or less.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top