Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mossberg MVP LR

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by TexasShooter, May 2, 2015.

1. TexasShooter

TexasShooter dfw New Member

Does anyone think that this would make a good entry level long range rifle or is it just tacticool? I would have to get good glass of course. I'm not worried about hunting, but 500 yard plus steel and paper target shooting.

http://moderngunneronline.com/2015/05/02/mossberg-mvp-lr/

2. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

I had one of the short barreled tactical MVP's for a weekend of shooting. Best it would do was about 2-3 inch groups at 100 yards:(
    Should have called it a POS not an MVP....

If you are looking for accurate I would keep looking...

3. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I had different experience. I've shot a varmint model as well as the short barrel Patrol tactical one with iron sights in 223. Both were sub MOA at 100 yards using 55 grain or heavier loads. The Patrol would be my choice mostly as the size and weight with iron sights make it truly enjoyable. You loose some speed with the short barrel, but 500-600 with say a 1.5-4 or a 3-9 leupold mark ar on it would make for a great little shooter.

mjbskwim likes this.
  4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I had a MVP 5.56 and it was an easy MOA shooter.It was a nice little rifle. I mean like a big 22lr size rifle.I will probably find another when I get settled in here

IronMonster likes this.
  5. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Im gonna buy a .308 MVP some day soon. From everything I have seen its a hard package to beat for the dough.

mjbskwim likes this.
  6. TexasShooter

TexasShooter dfw New Member

Has anyone used the timney trigger on it? Is it worth the money?

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

The trigger seemed pretty good to me,and I have a couple guns with Timneys on them. I did trade the rifle off but had no intentions of changing the trigger.