JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
" Shotgun Maker Mossberg Moving Operations Out Of Connecticut.

"Investing in Texas was an easy decision."
Plus: "Mossberg follows Remington Arms, Kahr Arms, Les Baer Custom, Lewis Machine & Tool, American Tactical Imports, Ruger, Colt, Stag Arms, PTR Industries, Magpul, and Beretta in moving operations out of anti-gun states."

Related: Mass AG Unilaterally Changes Gun Laws, Redefines Assault Weapon Definition.

--via - Glenn Reynolds

Instapundit » Blog Archive » WHY STAY WHERE YOU'RE NOT WANTED? Shotgun Maker Mossberg Moving Operations Out Of Connecticut. "… (https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/239266/)

If manufactures move out then it is easier to tell the states they just left to kiss off if you want firearms for you police and security.

I do not want to see law enforcement not be armed but if they cannot get equipment maybe they will quit and leave the state then the state will have what it wants a total gun free society. We will see how long that last.

If it is what they want let them have it.

I know I am cold-hearted but I am getting to the point I just honestly do not care anymore.

Probably not too long before S&W is going to need to move at least some manufacturing out of Mass.
It will be a sad day in the not so distant future when the entire Connecticut River Valley gun industry is dead or gone. There is such a rich history that these people no longer find convenient.

Probably not too long before S&W is going to need to move at least some manufacturing out of Mass.
It will be a sad day in the not so distant future when the entire Connecticut River Valley gun industry is dead or gone. There is such a rich history that these people no longer find convenient.
Maybe they will think before they vote next time?

Decisions and actions have consequences....

I continue to laugh at politicians who think (a) the firearms companies in their states are somehow bolted to the earth by unbreakable bonds and won't leave, no matter how much crap they talk about how their products are evil and should be banned or (b) continue to demonize them publicly and take their campaign donations in private out of the prying eyes of a fawning press.

I am glad that they pick up their stuff and leave. I don't care why they do it really; but this lets the states that have politicians know that at some point, they will have had enough of them and will just liquidate and move; taking with them all of their tax revenue, downstream revenue from employees and a few employees as well.

I can think of no better feeling than seeing CT in your rear view mirror....

"I can think of no better feeling than seeing CT in your rear view mirror...."

And you could probably see the whole state in it:p

Area

Ranked 48th
• Total 5,543 sq mi
(14,357 km2)
• Width 70 miles (113 km)
• Length 110 miles (177 km)
• % water 12.6
• Latitude 40°58′ N to 42°03′ N
• Longitude 71°47′ W to 73°44′ W

I will always support companies that choose to move to friendlier environments. Can't blame them.

But like I said, as a fan of history, I do lament the death of industry that has historically been critical to the area. The Connecticut River Valley has historically been the breadbasket, so to speak, of the American arms industry.
And not every citizen in an area can be blamed for the politics of a state. So I do feel some sympathy for the hardworking citizens of New Haven, Illion, Springfield, etc. Unfortunately, not everyone has the option or ability to pick up and move when their company has to up and move. It leaves a lot of otherwise skilled laborers looking for somewhere to ply their trade.

I am choosing not to get into a discussion as to what unions have or haven't done, and their effect of the moves.

If manufactures move out then it is easier to tell the states they just left to kiss off if you want firearms for you police and security.

I do not want to see law enforcement not be armed but if they cannot get equipment maybe they will quit and leave the state then the state will have what it wants a total gun free society. We will see how long that last.

If it is what they want let them have it.

I know I am cold-hearted but I am getting to the point I just honestly do not care anymore.
Not cold hearted, y'all make yer bed, y'all gotta lay in it!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top