Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mossberg customer service

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by parsons_12b, May 24, 2009.

1. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

First if this is in the wrong place please move it. I'm trying to get a trigger group for a 590 DA A1 the pin placement is just a little different than that on the regular 590 or the 500. The problem is I have had no success getting in contact with them to try and get one. I have had my local gunsmith try hoping he would have better luck. He has tried calling and even has sent a certified letter requesting one but has yet to get a response. Is this thier normal customer service practice or do I just have bad luck. If anyone has regular contact with them or know a way i could get one? I have been sitting on a reciever for over a year know and would realy like to get it put together.

J.P.

2. ZombieAssassin

ZombieAssassin Oregon Member

I had quite an exceptional experience with Mossberg customer service about a year ago. Couldn't get a shotgun reassembled, downloaded videos, followed the simple instructions, but the trigger group would not push far enough into the receiver slot to allow the trigger housing pin to be inserted. Called Mossberg, they gave me the ph# for one of their shotgun technicians, called the guy, he suggested checking all pins in the trigger assembly to make sure they are all flush with the sides of the trigger group. Hung up, checked all pins, tapped one a bit, problem solved. Called the guy back, we BSed for a few, thanked him.

Moral of the story: firearms are precision tools, so check all pins twice, and even if your eyes say "flush", check it by feel.

3. jcs3

jcs3 Vancouver, WA Member

This may not be helpful since I've never tried to request parts, but I've have very prompt service when I have sent warranty repair work in. Have you tried email or their fax number - I notice some companies are better at responding to emails than phone calls.

My 2 pence, hope its helpful,

Joe

4. parsons_12b

I will try that thanks

5. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

When I first got my 590, I had fired about 6 boxs through it in the first weekend. When I got it home to clean I had noticed a crack in the reciever.. I sent the hole thing back to Mossberg, not only did they send me a new weapon but they sent me a 590A1 and I had it with in a week.

6. parsons_12b

I sent some emails to both Mossberg and Aimpro whom they list as the repair company for thier military and police firearms. I will let you guys know what I here back i would realy like to get this thing together