Mossberg C-lect choke replacement

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Beefcake, Nov 8, 2012.

  1. Beefcake

    Active Member

    Likes Received:
    I just bought a cheap Mossy 500 as a backup / loaner duck gun. Unfortunately, it has a C-lect choke on it. Can I remove this thing and install real choke tubes? Or, do I have to have it cut / threaded? If so, any guess what a smith would charge to do this? I'm actually thinking it might be cool to cut it down to 20-21" with screw-in chokes, but I know I should probably just watch the classifieds for a cheap hunting barrel instead.

Share This Page