Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mossberg 930 SPX!!!

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by jmcdowellpdx, Mar 24, 2013.

1. jmcdowellpdx

jmcdowellpdx Tigard New Member

I got this gun for my bday and I absolutely love it.

Broke it in and now it will eat virtually any ammo!

Bring on the Zombies!!

2. Netspirit

Netspirit Bellevue, WA Active Member

Congrats on the new weapon! How is the recoil, is it asking for a Supercell/Limbsaver?

3. shooter58

shooter58 Vancouver, WA Active Member

Any problems with loading or feeding? I bought mine about a year ago and had the shell follower getting hung up at the transition point between the mag tube and the mag extension. Just a bit of smoothing of the sharp edges inside the extension and on the follower solved the problem. Hundreds of rounds later its perfect in every way and very smooth.

4. jmcdowellpdx

The first day I shot it i was having some issues with it feeding. I broke it down, cleaned it up and adjusted it so as much gas as possible is routed down out of the barrel into the action. I oiled it and I racked it unloaded about 300 times. Since then... not a single misfeed. Just needed to be broken in i guess...but i was sure pissed that first day. I absolutely love the ghost ring sites

5. jmcdowellpdx

I'm a pretty big dude but no...no issues.

6. shooter58

shooter58 Vancouver, WA Active Member

Shot a few 3" mag 00 buck rounds. Not too fond of them... Sticking with 2 3/4" 00