JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mossberg 590 Shockwave.
They're available all over the place online.

Swap out the barrel, then the birdshead for a standard stock.

Should probably dispose of the 14 inch barrel to avoid legal hootenannies and not tempt yourself to convert it back to a shockwave.

Upgrade the plastic parts to metal as time and finances allow.

Should probably dispose of the 14 inch barrel to avoid legal hootenannies and not tempt yourself to convert it back to a shockwave.
I understand you are being safe with that suggestion, but I don't think there is any need to dispose of the 14" barrel. Just store it with the grip. Once an "other firearm" always an other. If it started that way it can go back.

Don't forget that the OP wanted full capacity. I wonder what extensions would work for the set up you're describing...

Mossberg 590 Shockwave.
They're available all over the place online.

Upgrade the plastic parts to metal as time and finances allow.

I am not sure if that's very cost effective for me... at the moment cost weights more than wait time for me as I have other home defense firearms. but thank you for the idea.

I've been looking for a Mossberg 590A1 for some time now. Due to COVID-19, the demand has been high and no luck locally or online.

Specifically this one:

It has all that I am looking for... parkerized and heavy wall are must. Really love 8+1, but willing to give. xs ghost ring would be something I would add later anyway. M-LOK forend is just nice to have for me, and don't care for it that much. with this setup, i don't plan on doing any modifications to it. With that said, any alternatives coming from those that have owned a 590A1 AND the recommended alternative? Lastly, I would like to stick with the $500-$600 price range if possible.

Thanks!
If that's the one with the bayonet lug I was on Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and they had one for $699.00. Not saying it's still there but I was looking at it when the ad made its way to my mail. Good luck though, they are great guns.

If that's the one with the bayonet lug I was on Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and they had one for $699.00. Not saying it's still there but I was looking at it when the ad made its way to my mail. Good luck though, they are great guns.

OMG, really?! I just searched just now and not seeing it. Link?

I found what you are talking about from Palmetto, but out of stock from PSA ATM.

i found it and didn't...

under option, i see MPN 50771, which matches under Mossberg website. but Sportsman's site doesn't "look" to be the same in pic and not $699. But out of stock anyways... :(

OMG, really?! I just searched just now and not seeing it. Link?

I found what you are talking about from Palmetto, but out of stock from PSA ATM.
I will go back and check my history, but I generally clear it everyday. When the ad came in yesterday like I said I went and checked but at $699.00 with a kid in college and supporting my Mom it just wasn't in the cards. Have been stalking them for like 8 months.

i found it and didn't...

under option, i see MPN 50771, which matches under Mossberg website. but Sportsman's site doesn't "look" to be the same in pic and not $699. But out of stock anyways... :(

I went back and checked my history and it's no longer there. Sorry.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top