JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking for a Mossberg 590A1 for some time now. Due to COVID-19, the demand has been high and no luck locally or online.

Specifically this one:

It has all that I am looking for... parkerized and heavy wall are must. Really love 8+1, but willing to give. xs ghost ring would be something I would add later anyway. M-LOK forend is just nice to have for me, and don't care for it that much. with this setup, i don't plan on doing any modifications to it. With that said, any alternatives coming from those that have owned a 590A1 AND the recommended alternative? Lastly, I would like to stick with the $500-$600 price range if possible.

Thanks!

You can always "make what you want" out of another model...not ideal, but, mag extensions are cheap and as long as you find one with a drilled receiver you can add ghost rings....might end up being cheaper that way...
But, if you are patient, what you are looking for will pop up.

Try pawn shops I picked up a Mossberg 590 with the speedfeed stock a couple months ago for $300. The speedfeed was a factory version at one time.You can always add attachments to them later. You could also go with the Maverick version that I have seen just a plain jane version.

You can always "make what you want" out of another model...not ideal, but, mag extensions are cheap and as long as you find one with a drilled receiver you can add ghost rings....might end up being cheaper that way...
But, if you are patient, what you are looking for will pop up.

agreed, but some of the stuff I can't add... such as parkerized and heavy wall...

Try pawn shops I picked up a Mossberg 590 with the speedfeed stock a couple months ago for $300. The speedfeed was a factory version at one time.You can always add attachments to them later. You could also go with the Maverick version that I have seen just a plain jane version.

i think 590 is parkerized, but not heavy wall, correct?

i think 590 is parkerized, but not heavy wall, correct?
well not exactly sure if it is a heavy barrel but found the receipt and it is listed as a 590 special purpose. Gave it to my son so don't have it on hand to check for sure. Just mentioning you can find a lot of these types at pawn shops or shops that handle used firearms.

well not exactly sure if it is a heavy barrel but found the receipt and it is listed as a 590 special purpose. Gave it to my son so don't have it on hand to check for sure. Just mentioning you can find a lot of these types at pawn shops or shops that handle used firearms.

Thanks @deadeye ! Yeah, just not seeing 590A1 specifically.

Going off memory, but SP should be parked and heavy barrel, A1 is the "military" style with bayo lug and heat shield...someone correct me if Im wrong.

The A1 is a thicker barrel and all metal parts. They come in several configurations and are stamped 590A1 on the non-ejection side of the receiver. A regular 590 will have plastic trigger guard and safety, just like a 500.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top