JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Mossberg 590 shockwave Stainless
SB tactical SB4 brace
Factory grip

~100 rounds through it
Great gun, no issues.

$550 obo or Trade for a Glock 20

IMG_8334.JPG

Last Edited:
Is this an nfa item? I understand that's a brace, and not a stock, but i thought the birds head grip had to stay on it?

This is a non NFA item. Letter from SB tactical included in this purchase. Adding the brace does not change the classification of the weapon, per the NFA.

Well that's cool. I remember when they first came out, in all the reviews and stuff I saw on it, they were saying that the only reason it was legal was because the bird heads grip put it in the AOW catogory but as soon as you replaced the birds head with or without a brace, it would classify it as a SBS. I'm glad they changed their mind. That thing is pretty sweet. GLWS

Correct. Has to be >26", smooth bore. I bought this thinking I could make a folder, but that would make it illegal (it would function while shorter than 26")

Is this an nfa item? I understand that's a brace, and not a stock, but i thought the birds head grip had to stay on it?

As I understand it, the principle is that it must meet the following criteria:

1) Be a "firearm" - not start as a shotgun, pistol or rifle.
2) Be 26"+ OAL. The birdshead was designed to meet this requirement and still have the short barrel.
3) Cannot be designed to be shouldered.

So from what I have read, with the pistol brace it still meets those requirements but would not meet the OAL with only the pistol grip.

Correct. I was gonna put a AR style folder on the buffer tube, but it would be able to fire while folded so I stayed away from that. It's a great gun, just not what I wanted.

$550 obo, with all documentation, or trade for a 10mm pistol.

Nate

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.