JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was taking my bolt apart and came across two problems.

First, NONE of the pins will drive out. We are talking vise, punches and hammers. I know what I am doing as this is not the first time I have taken a 500 apart. Any tips or tricks to this? This bolt is seriously dirty. I don't think it has ever been apart.

Second - the pin holding one of the extractors broke. Is there a decent source fairly local for parts and pieces? If not, online?

So I pulled out my diagram to give the exact name of the parts I am looking for.

I need the 1 each - Firing Pin Retaining Pin & Right Extractor Pin (These are the same pin) 1 each - Left Extractor Retaining Pin 1 each - Bolt Lock Pin.

I could also use a new Action Slide Assembly (ASA) and Action Slide Tube Nut (ASTN), now that I think about it. The threads are goobered up on the ASA and make for less than standard engagement of the ASTN.

Also, is there a Extended Action Lock Lever? Might be using the wrong terminology there, but with a Pistol grip the thumb has a hard time reaching the action release button while under distress.

Brownells has all the parts!

Are you using short punches that are just under the size of the pins? And use a bigger hammer to break them loose..but be careful, sometimes they are really tight. You can use a propane tourch, but only heat it up for a few minutes...

Yah, the punches are fairly short and good punches. They work for everything else I have ever taken apart. I graduated all the way up to a 1 pound hammer...

I will give the torch a try, just wanted to ensure I wasn't screwing something up by not remembering something.

I guess I will order from Brownells. I have a weird idea to try and spend my money locally, but it is getting harder and harder in this day and age.

Thank you for the reply.

Those pins should not be that tight. Are they rusted in place? I was given a box of M 500 parts a couple of years ago and the bolts had probably never been taken apart or cleaned but the pins still came out relatively easily. Just double check everything you are doing before something gets destroyed - speaking from experience!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top