JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Known issues". The first is a "non-issue".

We all must agree there can be features of each gun that might require a gunsmith to repair. I would submit that with not too much trouble, a motivated person might find something on the Remington that can be replaced by the owner, which on the Mossberg cannot.

I hunted with a Mossberg (20 ga.) for six years as a teenager. It worked fine, never malfunctioned. My contention is that the overall quality of my (admittedly vintage) 870 far surpasses the Mossberg, points and handles better, operates smoother and is a far better field gun. My experience as a combat-trained MP during the Vietnam War allowed me to see 870's abused, neglected, and damaged. They always operated, never failed. But THAT experience is of no value here: the question is toward a hunting gun.

"Long Winded"? You are too polite.:)

Idjit! Heez pernouncin' it krecktly.

Yew ain't frum 'roun' heer, air yeh?

(You are walking very close to the edge of presuming that an overdose of warm weather found in the southern latitudes does something detrimental to the brain: a presumption that I am constantly correcting myself to avoid.)