JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0325.JPG For sale : very nice condition take off wood set for Mossberg .410 500e. This is for new style short fore end and current production.

$60 pick up local in Albany, or $75 shipped

Do you know if this would fit a mossberg model 510 .410? I realize this is
an old thread that isn't probably available anymore but worth asking.

Thanks

Lol, after two years I figured it was long gone. The reason I'm looking for one is that my 70 year old mother decided she wanted a small shotgun and just bought a model 510 youth gun with the stock you can add a piece in to make it longer. Long story short the stock and forearm are the cheapest looking junk I've ever seen on a shotgun and the forend literally wiggles very loosely. Had I been with her when she went to get it, I would have told her to wait but since they did the transfer she can't return it. So...

Whats your best price on those shipped? I'll pass the info on to her and see if she wants to upgrade? So you are positive these would fit on her tiny toy-looking 510?

Thanks for getting back with me.

$60 shipped.

The stock should fit perfect.

If I am recalling correctly the forend will be too long for the 510.

Options off the top of my head:

1) If there is enough length on the mag tube (may not be) you could just add a set of 500E action bars and use this forend.

2) cut down this 500E forend at the rear for your existing 510 action bars. I would go this route. Note you would need to notch the interior rear of the channel likely for the arms of the 510 to keep the forend from spinning. This would be pretty easy I would think using the cheap 510 forend as a dimensional guide.

Good to know. I'm visiting her this evening and will see what she thinks about it.
What is the length of pull for your wood stock?

Thanks!

Existing dimension roughly 5 3/8 from front of forend to action bar cut.

I feel for you in trying to help out Mom with guns. I'm in the same boat. My Mom is getting older and shorter and needs mods to her guns too!

18C0A4BA-45D0-4447-A686-95A83B3799E7.jpeg

This actually makes me want to find a 510 and fit this wood to it.

Taking the 510 bars out as a guide and clamping them inverted on top of 500 forend channel and scribing cuts would be a move too.

If the retaining ring to action bar cuts is the same distance and you are only dealing with the extra wood at the bubblegum end this would be a piece of cake.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top