JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought the 500 combo a couple years back with the interchangeable 28" and 18" barrels. It holds 5 in the tube like most basic pumps. Still love my 28" Winchester, so I keep the Mossberg 500 short. I just wish it held 8 shots like a Mossberg Defender. So here's the tricky part...

I also like the rubbery feeling Hogue pistol grip and forearm I put on the Mossberg. If I get a Defender will they fit that gun too? I know the pistol grip will work but I'm not so sure about the forearm. Anyone know?

Also, anyone interested in swapping a Defender with one barrel for a 500 combo with two? I'm thinking straight across.

Email direct or I'll catch you back here. Thanks in advance.
[email protected]

Yes, the forearms are interchangeable, but some (like the Knoxx) may be made so poorly that they won't fit any Mossy worth a hoot. The manufacturer says that the forearm is free; the pistol-grip full stock is the same price as the stock/forearm combo kit. That way they don't have to accept any returns on the forearms.

I wrestled one of those Knoxx forearms onto a Mossberg once, doing who knows how much damage in the process. That gun still functions fine, but the other Mossy isn't going to get the treatment - the stock only for that one.