JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a defensive shotgun and see these "stockless 500s at the Gun Broker for $299.00. But looking online I see the JIC (Just in Case) and JIC II saying they are based on the cruiser. Can anyone tell me if these are the same gun with slick kits and cases, or are the guns "more" than just a 500 Cruiser? Thanks

I've been looking at those too, from all I can tell its just packaging. Fishermans in Oregon City has one JIC left (it's cammo cruiser) I saw it the other day. The salesman there said they have the Mossberg Home Defense type 12g on sale maybe 3 times a year for about $200 so I signed up for their email notify.

BTW, I sent you a PM about the CW9........I'm interested.
Thanks

Mossberg model 500 action shotguns are a fine shot gun, get the stock with your gun, as a pistol grip is not as cool as it looks. Too much money for the JIC combo. By seperate and choose your case.

When I bought mine years ago it came with a stock and PG.
Also came with the heat shield.

I tried the PGO route and took it off, I dunno where it is these days but I did find the stock when sorting boxes.

I went with a Butler Creek folding stock soon after I bought it.
P1000267.jpg
P1000266.jpg

I agree with Novamind's post above: get a shotgun with a stock, folding or otherwise, not just a pistol grip to hold onto. I have a Mossberg 590A1 SPX and I love it. It's long enough, though, I don't usually stick the bayonet on it.