JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For subsonic don't you have to use special ammo (or load your own) that will give you around the same energy as a 9mm pistol? I'm not knocking it if that's what you want to do but just want to make sure you are aware. I know beck ammo has some that are around 365 ft. lbs of energy in a 20" barrel.

Faster twist the better to stabilize the longer heavier bullets needed to go sub. There are much better cartridges out there than 308 to go sub. I guess it all depends on the intended use. My two favorite cartridges for sub ammo are 22lr and 458 socom with an honorable mention to 44mag.

Use the twist recommended by the bullet manufacturer.
Many bullets suitable for subs are not originally intended to be shot subsonic, so manufacturer info can be limited. There are many stability calculators out there that are helpful but there is no replacement for just shooting them through paper and having a look at the hole. This is especially important before screwing on an expensive can.

Many bullets suitable for subs are not originally intended to be shot subsonic, so manufacturer info can be limited. There are many stability calculators out there that are helpful but there is no replacement for just shooting them through paper and having a look at the hole. This is especially important before screwing on an expensive can.
You're right. I completely brain-farted on the subsonic part.

Disregard my above misinformation. I need to go replenish my alcohol system.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top