Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

mossberg 22 opinions

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by jason97496, Nov 7, 2010.

1. jason97496

jason97496 Cottage Grove, Oregon Member

I have been looking for inexpensive .22s for a couple of my sons. I found that Wal-Mart has one for $107, I think it is a Mossberg. I was wondering if any one knows anything about these rifles.

Thanks

2. STNOSU

STNOSU Corvallis Member

Check out the Marlin 795's, they are pretty fun for .22's. Pretty accurate out of the box and fun to shoot. Only negative is they need black magazines and higher caps.

3. jmac3434

jmac3434 SE portland Member

dicks sporting goods has the marlin 795 for sale right now for 99 bucks.

4. Turtlewax

Turtlewax Beaverton New Member

Marlin 795 a great cheap choice, and thats $125-25 MIR= $99 AND a discount if you spend $125 at sports authority you get a free $50 gift card.. you spent $200 you get a 100 gift card, good for anythign in store. SO MUCH SLICKER THAN $99

5. jmac3434

jmac3434 SE portland Member

wow that is a super deal, i might have to go grab one with a little 4 by on it. thanks for the info

6. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

whatever happened to buying Ruger 10/22's? imo they are best 22lr semi rifle out of the box for the money and can be found for only 50-60$ more... I wouldn't mess with any other cheap 22 because they seem to have one downfall or another while the 10/22 is proven and availablity of parts is vast...like the ocean

7. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

Marlin 60. 'nough said

8. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

As near as I can tell the 795 is just about like the 60 other than using a magazine rather than a feed tube. We like our 795 and consider it a good deal for the $100 we paid for it. The stock sights are POS and will go out of adjustment under the influence of heavy breathing, but the slot takes and holds scope rings well. The rifle seems able to shoot just about anything, with only the obvious lightly loaded bulk causing trouble. The rifle is usable at 100 yards, ours doing about 4 moa, or about half the accuracy of our cheapie savage mark 2 bolt.