JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a Mosin that is in a synthetic stock with modified bolt handle, scope mount and scope. Did some looking and its a 1892.

Looks like that may be the first year built? Wondered if it has any value before I hack the barrel.

Thanks,

Chris

I would say it's worth about 100 bucks, that's all I'd be willing to pay for one and about the going price. It could be worth more to others, but finding that person may take forever and may not be worth it.

i'd hack it. like said above, most any historic value is already lost... even then, it likely wouldn't be worth more than any other mosin sitting at any number of Big5.

the only ones i'd hesitate on cutting would be Finnish or some of the "rare" armory markings, or a genuine sniper rifle.... and then only if it was in original/good condition.

i've hunted with a heavily sporterized early 1900s mosin with a composite stock, shortened barrel, etc. i liked it quite a bit. i'd not hesitate hunting with one again.