JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone have any experience with the Timney trigger for the Mosin's?

I have one in my Mosin and love it. The trigger goes from a sloppy pound to fit military trigger to a breaks like glass match trigger. For it to fit the stoxk must be inletted. It took me a few hours with a dremel, but it was worth every minute. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an upgrade.

Just adding a spacer and polishing all of the trigger contacts made a world of a difference. Plus it it just about free to do. There are a lot of youtube videos on how to do it.

i've got a mosin with a lot more $ into it than it's worth... and i'd do it all over again.
very fun, quite accurate with match grade (about 2 MOA on a good day, under 10 rounds... gets a bit hot after that).
now Archangel has those damn tempting looking stocks... and there's the 10 round magazines... damnit.

8387822351_fc9737218a_c.jpg

i have no experience with the timney trigger in a mosin, but have done the home trigger job/spacer/spring on more than one and say it is well worth it.

The money and time I spent on my mosin was well worth the experience I gained.

And it was a lot of fun.
I still haven't shot it.
Be careful polishing the trigger assembly its easy to wind up with a 1lb or less trigger pull.:s0092:

The money and time I spent on my mosin was well worth the experience I gained.

And it was a lot of fun.
I still haven't shot it.
Be careful polishing the trigger assembly its easy to wind up with a 1lb or less trigger pull.:s0092:

This is my feeling exactly. I can learn how to do things with a cheap rifle and gain the skills needed to do them better on an expensive rifle. My Mosin is not an investment, I don't make purchases for it looking at the "long term resale." I know what I want out of the gun, I want a .30 caliber rifle, with a 22" barrel, Scout style scope mounting, and slicked up action, that I built with the Mosin I can achieve that. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top