JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone have any experience with the Timney trigger for the Mosin's?

I have one in my Mosin and love it. The trigger goes from a sloppy pound to fit military trigger to a breaks like glass match trigger. For it to fit the stoxk must be inletted. It took me a few hours with a dremel, but it was worth every minute. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an upgrade.

Just adding a spacer and polishing all of the trigger contacts made a world of a difference. Plus it it just about free to do. There are a lot of youtube videos on how to do it.

i've got a mosin with a lot more $ into it than it's worth... and i'd do it all over again.
very fun, quite accurate with match grade (about 2 MOA on a good day, under 10 rounds... gets a bit hot after that).
now Archangel has those damn tempting looking stocks... and there's the 10 round magazines... damnit.

8387822351_fc9737218a_c.jpg

i have no experience with the timney trigger in a mosin, but have done the home trigger job/spacer/spring on more than one and say it is well worth it.

The money and time I spent on my mosin was well worth the experience I gained.

And it was a lot of fun.
I still haven't shot it.
Be careful polishing the trigger assembly its easy to wind up with a 1lb or less trigger pull.:s0092:

The money and time I spent on my mosin was well worth the experience I gained.

And it was a lot of fun.
I still haven't shot it.
Be careful polishing the trigger assembly its easy to wind up with a 1lb or less trigger pull.:s0092:

This is my feeling exactly. I can learn how to do things with a cheap rifle and gain the skills needed to do them better on an expensive rifle. My Mosin is not an investment, I don't make purchases for it looking at the "long term resale." I know what I want out of the gun, I want a .30 caliber rifle, with a 22" barrel, Scout style scope mounting, and slicked up action, that I built with the Mosin I can achieve that. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top