JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey fellas,
I've got a 91-30 that I've been bubba'n the piss out of. I bought an aim sport tri-rail (no intentions on using the two side rails) in hopes of mounting a scope.
I'm not looking for the cheap way to go, just the practical way. I don't trust myself to do any smithing or drilling so I've been playing around the option of mounting it.
Anyone have any experience good or bad with these? Or do you know any smith in the Portland area that does a more solid mount option that I could hire?

721HHoRDUI9N5RF70tKNVTC43G8hWPGXLRxdIC_b4&usqp=CAc.jpg

Hey dude as a very long time lover of all thing Mosin, be very careful in picking a rail/mount, most of them all fail ( pic is of my current set up) it is a ATI it slips over the dove tail then is held in place by 3 or 4 screws..i had to mod it as well with 2 screws on the top as after firing 30/40 rounds the scope failed to hold zero. My understanding is the recoil of the 7 .62 x 54R is to much, and can not be held in place by just wedging something into place..as well my gunsmith also silver soldered it . It is the same for my howling raven muzzle break it fails after 10/12 rounds so i did some very small drill marks on the barrel for the recess screws and it now never come loose. Good luck with your commie rifle i both love and hate them lolololl.

IMG_1787.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top