JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Allan has a great reputation on surplusrifle forum....but other than having the EG stamp on it it really isn't anything special. If you want a shooter, it wouldn't make much sense to spend the extra money....now, if you have a huge collection of all the years and arsenals....

I've been eyeing these as a soon to be purchase. I believe the Mosins are under rated. They are plentiful and ammo is inexpensive. I forsee the Mosin turning in to the next "must have" fad gun among the entry level collectors. I plan to have 2 of them at least. One shooter and one collector.

Here's mine. :s0155:

2010_0418gus0001.jpg

now, you should feel guilty taking the poor pawn shop owner that way...go back and give him $200 more....

lol not my fault he was a "i know it all" kid of guy who called it "just another old russki like the rest"

i sold it a few years ago for $495 to pay bill's ahhhhh well came across another one a few years back guy said it was an
m28 but after looking it was an M/28-30 but the bore was filthy so i haggled with him
and got it for $175 :D he also had a VKT but it was a mismatch and missing parts so,,,,,,,,,,

The attraction? Thy're a good value. Simple, robust, fires a good round. The 7.62x54R is actually the oldest military ammo that is still in active military service. I've had a carbine and the finnish versions and have been great large caliber plinkers.

Of all of my antique collection, my favorite is pristine sniper (1943) with the proper side-mounted PU 4x scope. Ever seen the movie "Enemy at the Gates?"

2._02_PU_mounted_sideview.JPG

They come up for sale here on the boards all the time. $100 to $125 is about right for a common round-receivered 91/30 refurb. Coctailer seems to always have a few, you might try him.

Certain years, dates, models, Finns and Remingtons can go for considerably more.

Keith

Someone brought a nice looking Mosin Nagant that he just bought to the Evergreen Sportsman Club while I was there today and had me take a shot with it. I want to get one now. :)

Just look out for filed and restamped serial numbers. I have one that every number matches... Look a little closer and every one has been filed down and restamped. Excluding the reciever... That one seems original. Check that headspace if you have any doubts! Also mine has mis-matched armory marks... not sure what that means...

Most of them have been rearsenaled (is that a word?).... The Soviet's cleaned them up and repaired them after the "big one" (as Archie used to say)...

If you have a C&R, most of the big surplus firearms dealers have them for anywhere from 79.99 to 129.99 depending on stock, receiver type and year..all that.

But they are SO much fun!

What can be better than a full power rifle and a 440 round sealed case of ammo for under $200 bucks?

You can own a real piece of history for almost nothing. In the 1960's they flooded the market with Mauser rifles for 10-35 dollars, today those rifles can easily top a thousand bucks for one of the mint examples. Thousands of them were ruined making sporters.

Mosins are the same thing, you can find classic hex guns, East German guns, 91/30s, M38's and M44's. All from different countries and some like new. Captured Finns are an entire collector market of their own. Brand new Polish M44's can still be found occasionally, these are super quality and as nice as anything ever made in America.

They are a blast to shoot and ammo is one of the few things still reasonably priced.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top