JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
fun to shoot, cheap to buy, collectable-enough differences to keep one busy with all the variations. You ought to be able to find one of the cheaper ones and a can of 440 rounds for around $200. As far as modding one, don't bother, in 10 years you'll look at it and say "WTF did I do that?". If you want to hunt buy a good used commercial rifle for around $300.

I agree, you Bubba that rifle and you will kick yourself years later. I love my Mosin shot it in a Vintage Military rifle match and did quite well. Big 5 special. I would like to get a Fin.

Haven't seen any big 5 mosins under $99.99 on sale in quite a while they seem to be creeping up there a little at a time, even at the wholesale level they are pushing the $80 mark, plus shipping. Good time to get a C&R license. I did

the guys that say they can buy one for $70 are generally full of bubblegum, or, haven't looked in a while

check out Century or AIM. They have tins of ammo so you should be able to get 440 rounds delivered for less than $100.

If you buy it locally, you'll pay way more for it than you should do, if oregon is anything like washington

If you are ever up north Surplus Ammo in Lakewood, WA has good prices. Oregon buyers who pick it up in person need to have a Sales Tax Exemption Form on file with them if you want to avoid a sales tax though. The last time I was up there they told me having an Oregon Driver's License was not good enough.

If you are ever up north Surplus Ammo in Lakewood, WA has good prices. Oregon buyers who pick it up in person need to have a Sales Tax Exemption Form on file with them if you want to avoid a sales tax though. The last time I was up there they told me having an Oregon Driver's License was not good enough.

If I recall, the romanian tin I got at Surplus Ammo and Arms was even less in person than on the website. I think $79.00 before tax.

In my search a while back I was given this site to look for ammo deals. <broken link removed>

If you don't have one, you'll be sorry when the zombies come!

MosinNagant.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I see that pic I think 'Taken just before Dante kicked them off the roof'.

Esoteric reference FTW!

hahaha, I KNEW that pic reminded me of something! :p

Nothing I can say here that hasnt already been said - Mosin's are great. I have... 5? I think? I've been out of the hobby for a while and my rifles are collecting dust. My pride and joy is my antique Finnish M39 built on a Russian 1895 receiver. Shoots like a DREAM. My first rifle was an M44!

All I hope is that you dont bubba up a perfectly good workhorse like the Mosin with stupid tactical, sniperish 3rd party stuff. These rifles should be respected.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top