JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just asked this a month ago (no I don't care if you didn't search lol),and got yes' all around. There are some you tube vids of guys loading some good "brass" and shooting these accurately at 1000 yards. I have found some non corrosive ammo for pretty cheap,just to get the brass to try some hand loads.
My gun came with some scope bases,which one was cut off(???). I don't have the vision to shoot much more than 100+ without a scope so I'll mount one soon.
Mine came to $150 OTD

Worth it- depends on what you want. If you appreciate history and enjoy neat old guns that might be obsolete, then they are worth it.

If, like a friend of mine who bought one, you think only practical hunting rifles are any good and anything else is scrap metal, then maybe not. He hated it because it was "heavy and clunky". It didn't compare to his Winchester model 70, so he gave it to me for cheap. :)

I wish I had bought more of them a few years back when they were cheap- rifles w/bayo and accessories for $49 (Big 5), and ammo about $30 for a 440rnd tin. That was less than 10 years ago as I recall.

Get them before they go up in $ remeber when a SKS from a crate at a gun show was $50 THOSE DAYS ARE GONE ! Don't let these pass you by they are a piece of history shoot well and you could hunt with them if you wish . What other rifle comes with a 3ft bayonet that you can cook hot dogs on ?:s0155: