JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
this is why we quit shooting the Mosins into our Forest, these photos were taken today of 6 year old tree hits
we had about half dozen dead trees and these living trees badly scarred
on trees as large as 12", we had full front to rear penetration
for at least 6 years now I have used logs from culled timber as back stop on my 100 yrd range for this reason

and, NO, there are no human dwellings on the other side of that forest, there is a 75' rise in elevation 1000' back

P.S.
if someone is shooting at you with steel core 7.62x54R, don't hide behind a tree

20210205_103243.jpg 20210205_103320.jpg 20210205_103347.jpg 20210205_103534.jpg

as I'm sure all on this forum know, it it illegal to use a tree as a backstop for shooting, expect on your own property or with written permission from the timber owner.
If you damage or kill a tree on harvestable forest land, you can be fined for the projected value of that tree at time of scheduled harvest
and I just found out you can be fined for cleanup if you don't pick up your brass after shooting on land other than your own
I don't worry about fines, my wife complains enough if I don't police up after shooting

just had to throw that disclaimer out there

as I'm sure all on this forum know, it it illegal to use a tree as a backstop for shooting, expect on your own property or with written permission from the timber owner.
If you damage or kill a tree on harvestable forest land, you can be fined for the projected value of that tree at time of scheduled harvest
and I just found out you can be fined for cleanup if you don't pick up your brass after shooting on land other than your own
I don't worry about fines, my wife complains enough if I don't police up after shooting

just had to throw that disclaimer out there

I think trees are a lousy target and backstop. Let alone the damage being done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top