Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mosin Nagant stock

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Windsor, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Windsor

Windsor Myrtle Creek OR Active Member

Looking around on the net, I am finding a very wide range of values (20-100) on Mosin Nagant stocks. Since I just got an Archangel, I will probably sell my original. It was stripped, and oiled. Will come with everything. Mag assembly, upper hand guard, both rings, original butt plate, rubber replacement butt plate, 10 clips, repro sling with collars.
    Just wondering what you guys think would be fair for it. Didn't want to post in the FS section because it isn't for sale, yet.
    mosin stock.JPG

2. toys in the toybox

toys in the toybox Tenino Member

Realistically I couldnt pay more than $25 and that would be uber generous IF i needed that stuff as a replacement for stuff in horrible condition. Hell the whole gun is only $100-$200

If its all number matching and matched to the rifle then keep it. You may not want it now but the next owner may. Also Ill assume its a recent import so probably not some rare variant but its always better to have all the original parts, not like you gonna get a big payday by selling the extra bits

IronMonster likes this.
  3. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

It looks nicer than most, Still there is almost zero demand and plenty of take off's for sale. Honestly I would be surprised if you could find someone who would pay you much more than $25 and even that would probably be tough.

Also remember just because you found one listed for sale at $100 does not mean one has ever sold for $100. I paid $79 for my Mosin Nagant and that was at a gun retailer (although quite some time ago)

4. Windsor

Trust me, I know about supply overpowering demand, been building custom cars for a while.
    The reason why I asked is that I am seeing a lot of listings from dealers and flippers. Actually surprised me to see one sell for $79 with no hardware and others that aren't worth buying having a $35 tag on them. I just wanted to get an idea of what the average joe thinks.
    It's a re-stamped import, plus I won't be selling it. So, I'm not worried about keeping the stock. Would rather get it to someone that needs to replace theirs.
    Whatever I can get for it, I'll throw in the pot for buying more tools.
    Think I'll get more parting it out (same deal for many classic cars).

5. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

On another note what do you think of the Archangel stock? Have any install issues? How does the mag seem to work?

6. Windsor

I really like the ergonomics of it. It is a lot more comfortable than the wood stock and being able to adjust the cheek riser and butt pad makes it even better.
    I had no issues installing it. Only thing I don't care for is the plug for the timney safety slot. It just drops in and is a little loose. Doesn't make any noise and most people wouldn't notice it.
    The magazine is very good. Goes in smoothly and locks in well. As far as that, the only issue is dropping it. With my nerve damage, it's harder for me to disengage the catch and pull it out with my left hand. That is simply a matter of material that I can grab. That won't be a problem with the 10 round magazines.

IronMonster likes this.
  7. Windsor

IronMonster, I got a 10rnd magazine today. Just like I was thinking, the 10rnd makes it a lot easier to take it out with just one hand. Here are a couple pictures for comparison.
    If anyone is thinking of getting one, I would suggest 2 things to get with it. First is the rail adapter. If you want to use the included adjuster, you will need to file down one of the ribs on the adapter as it pushes it up just a little. A couple hits with a file, and it works great. I also drilled out the hole a little to make it easier to get an allen wrench through. Second is a 10 round magazine. Besides the increase in capacity, it makes it easier to drop the magazine.
    AA Mags.JPG AA5.JPG AA10.JPG

IronMonster likes this.
  8. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Look on apex to compare price.

9. Windsor

Thanks ZA_Survivalist.