JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not Portland area, so not convenient.. but I AM getting interested in those rifles, thinking about getting one or three..... so far, don't even know what round they chamber. But I've heard they are fine rifles, and often cheap.

I AM getting interested in those rifles, thinking about getting one or three..... so far, don't even know what round they chamber. But I've heard they are fine rifles, and often cheap.

I'd suggest hitting up http://www.aimsurplus.com/. Sure you can try Big5 but there selection tends to be on the lower end from my experience. The round is a 7.62x54r cartridge right up there with a 30-06 in power. Ammo is cheap by the surplus can(~150 for 880). Hit up http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3 and read all you can about maintenance, proper cleaning, and desired variants if you want them for more than just shooting.

I would definitely be interested in this, as would another friend. I have 3 MN's that I have never fired. Keep me posted for details. Next weekend I am going out of town to a relative's house in the country and I'm bringing all three to make sure they function properly, after I confirm they all work I'll really be raring to go!

:s0155:

Thanks, interesting sites. Yeah, I've seen the worn out junk M-N's at Big 5 and have never been impressed....

that 7.62 x 54 round, is that the same as the old "7.62 NATO" round? Seems about right, and if I remember my post Second German War history, part of why that one was designated the NATO round was that Russia didn't want to retool and make new rifles that used this round. And, of course, in those days everyone "trusted" the commies, and laid down in front of them, giving in wherever they could. It wasn't long after that they began to overrun the rest of Europe, having partitioned off huge blocs in the post war "agreements". Churchill was livid, but had done his bit, having been central to preserving England against the Third Reich. Everyone was tired of fighting and wanted "peace". Yeah, right. Well, we got it..... sort of. Thinking about getting a C&R license... I hear its a simple one to get, no inspections, no "proper premises"... just the usual background check. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have a case or three of a usable and significantly powerful long range rifle lying about... never know when something like that mightn't come handy.

Couple things about Big 5 when I worked there during college. Their sales on the MN's are pretty good. They normally have one or two in the back locked up, in addition to the one on the floor. If you get a chance to see what they may have in the back, you may find one that's in better shape. I bought my Enfield jungle carbine from them years ago. The one on display lookd like crap, but the one in the back when straight from the truck to my layaway plan.
Anyways, my 2 cents.

Heath

If it's a weekend Shoot and somewhere to park my 5th wheel, I'd be interested. Would this shoot be a 'only Mosin-Nagant shoot', cause I have a few other rifles like a British Bren's, #1 mark-3's and other's that also shoot 7.62x54R, And I believe sharing is a must

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top