JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked this up at the Portland show on Saturday. I got a real good deal on it, mainly because it was missing the bolt. Everything else is in real good shape.

It looks like it has been either re-finished, or been a safe queen. My son has a 91/30, and this thing seems to be a handy length compared to his.

Anyway, since it's missing the bolt assembly, I obviously can't test fire it. Anybody have a spare bolt assembly collecting dust? ;)

Let me know what you guys think of it. It's my first rifle in a hunting type caliber, although I probably will never hunt with it (unless zombies could be considered prey). mosin 4.jpg mosin 3.jpg mosin 2.jpg mosin 1.jpg

mosin 4.jpg

mosin 3.jpg

mosin 2.jpg

mosin 1.jpg

I wouldnt just slap a bolt in it and go test fire it, I strongly suggest that you have it checked for proper headspacing before popping off a round. Just my .02 worth, Oh and nice looking carbine.

since these are rimmed cartridges, the issue with head space isn't as important as it is with rimless cartridges. Most of the M44's have non-matching bolts anyway, since they were re-done at the arsenal....

Nice pick up. You can get a bolt from Numrich or other places on line....

Thank you all. I plan on borrowing my son's bolt if I don't find one sooner. Also have to wait for weather to clear up. I'm thinking there's a bunch of snow on the road up to the pit on Memaloose road.

Very nice! I used to have one of these. The fireballs are awesome :eek: These little carbines have a great report too, turned a few heads at the range way back when.

Mine was at pie-plate accuracy out to 50 yards. At 100 yards the groups opened up an awful lot. For my purposes it was a short range rifle, and that's ultimately why I sold it, i.e., it was a redundancy in my arsenal. It's likely you'll have better luck with yours.

Bolts are available online at a number of places. There's a shop in Florida that specializes in mil-surp parts, I can't recall their name right now but a quick google search will turn them up.

Happy shooting!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads