JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
in terms of the size of the patches, does it really matter if I use a patch that pertains to my caliber of rifle? I'm just curious, as there tends to be a price difference (though minor) between my options for patches. This makes me think of something else: do the patches need to be as sterile and sanitary as the packaged patches convey?

Size does matter when it comes to patches. If it's too small you're not pushing the lead and copper deposits out of the lands and grooves of the barrel. Too big and you're going to shove the jag right through the material and have a piece of fabric stuck in your barrel. The material doesn't matter. I use old clothes scraps as well and it works fine. As long as you don't drag it in the mud before use then you should be fine.

You Tube is your friend for all these questions.
It is so funny how many backwoods/I hate society people need to film themselves for youtube.
But we gain from this.You will find lots of goodies about guns and maintenance there