JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$400
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
7.62x54R
City
SPRINGFIELD
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Mosin-Nagant By I.O. Interordance military collection. Arsenal rebuild, still in cosmoline. Excellent bore. Includes canvas sling , 2 ammo pouchs, cleaning kit and spike bayonet. $450.00

20210811_153311.jpg 20210811_153325.jpg 20210811_153335.jpg 20210811_153401.jpg 20210811_153415.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Do you know if that bayonet has been hand fitted to that rifle? I've heard that 91/30 bayonets typically were fitted to a specific rifle.
Not to hijack this sale thread. I'll chime in.. Not sure if they're " hand-fitted" to my knowledge. I do know that the doctrine was to have the spike bayonet attached when it comes to firing as it effects the point of impact. Zeroing was done with the bayonet attached at 100 meters. I would say you're lucky if you have a matching bayonet.

I thought that the accuracy change with bayonet extended was only on the m44, not the 91/30.

My M44 is a tack driver with the bayonet collapsed. It's my 36 91/30 that shoots high at 100". I haven't tried the bayonent. But I think shooting high at 100 meters or so is normal. My Yugo Mauser M48 8mm Mauser does the same thing even with the slide set at 100 meters. Need to try it again. Pretty sure it's 300 meter battle sight zero. So that means you're aiming low at 100, like 12" below the belt.

I'll add......the story I heard.......

In the past........
The typical MN (imported "recently") that was for sale came with a bayonet. Yes, the bayonet and the rifles were ser. numbered. They were supposed to be kept together.

But then.....the reality is/was......
The case of twenty rifles had the bayonets. But, they were just put in there with the rifles. The importers didn't have the time and wouldn't spend the extra effort to keep them together by ser. numbers.

I don't really blame them. Time is money.

Anyway.....that all being said. The bayonet can be made to "fit" the rifle if they are "close enough". I've done it myself. A round file helps with the process. ;)

Aloha, Mark

PS........YES, I've shot my MN with and without the bayonet. I prefer shooting without the bayonet (that's me). The shift in the impact is noticeable. And yes......bring your hammer and punch to make the adjustments to your front sight.

IMHO........start out at about 25 yards on a black circle about 6" in diameter. I use a 6 o'clock hold. Yeah......my eyes aren't good. Anyway, the rear sight will normally need to be set at about 400-500 meters.

I mostly use surplus light ball ammo. Of course......because it's corrosive ammo......I clean my rifle when I get home from the range. Hot soapy water will do. And Hoppe's 9 is good for copper fouling. Wipe her down with a light coat of oil and check her a few days later. To make sure that rust isn't forming.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.