JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I think you set your sights a weeee bit high.
Yes, Mosin m44s are scarce.. But not past the $380 mark scarce, unless it meets specific criteria which most don't.
Realistic pricing and trade options would probably help you move it faster.

I still price .223 at .15 per round and it's a consumable, that makes it less valuable to me. 5,000 at .15 makes it $750 worth of .223. Or I just keep it.

If you look at my trades most of those are available used in the 300-350 range. Not the 1911 but you have to reach for the stars sometimes.
I think you set your sights a weeee bit high.
Yes, Mosin m44s are scarce.. But not past the $380 mark scarce, unless it meets specific criteria which most don't.
Realistic pricing and trade options would probably help you move it faster.

This is what I pay, I have a long standing relationship with the gun shops I do business with. If you over paid I'm sorry for you.
On the other hand should you have anything in the list you wish to trade please feel free to let me know. Aside from that please move the side chatter to a thread about over priced ammo.

$150 for 1000rds of .223????:s0095:
when/where did you see it at those prices, I'll get a truck load.

This is what I pay, I have a long standing relationship with the gun shops I do business with. If you over paid I'm sorry for you.
On the other hand should you have anything in the list you wish to trade please feel free to let me know. Aside from that please move the side chatter to a thread about over priced ammo.

Wow. This is the first time I've ever posted a "Wow." And there have been plenty of opportunities.

Yes, the rest of us are effing idiots. Thanks for making that clear. Anyone who paid more than $150/k- please join me in the effing idiot's section. :drink:

More to the point, trading a hard good for a consumable is about as smart as buying groceries on credit. If you are not way on the winning side it's not worth it. You trade off something that could last you a lifetime for one that can be gone in an afternoon.

Or in the case of the groceries you pay the interest long after the product is devoured. So yes to me if I was to trade a firearm for ammo it would have to be that number.

As far as the current inflated price most people are paying for .223 ($0.50- $0.70), you chose that price point. When you refuse to pay it it will magically return to the salad days of $0.25-$0.27 a round for full retail; with discounted bulk pricing bringing you down to $0.15 a round.

I had no idea my post to trade a firearm would spark a lesson in basic economics.
WTMWB is discussed here The cost of production verses what the market will bare. [Archive] - Straight Dope Message Board

Feel free to research "What the market will bear" and you will understand why a $0.02, .223 round is currently selling for $0.70

Wow. This is the first time I've ever posted a "Wow." And there have been plenty of opportunities.

Yes, the rest of us are effing idiots. Thanks for making that clear. Anyone who paid more than $150/k- please join me in the effing idiot's section. :drink:

When you shop by price point you don't get the luxury of brand loyalty. Lake city, Tulammo, bear, hearters, were fairly common. I got some federal 2nds at price point once, but i think the best i ever did on federal brown box off the shelf FMJ was at Cabelas $4.97 per 20 on the clearance shelf. My Ar did not like it, I got tighter groups with the tulammo for some reason.

My preference would be to trade for an LCR since that is on my to buy list, they have them in stock here base model is $430 with laser grips is $530, someone over in the pistol forum is asking $750 for one (an *** for every seat).

But a Katana with a blown engine would be cool too so i can swap out some of my old GS550 es parts.

Have I managed to justify what what I'm asking for in trade enough for you all?

What kind of ammo are you getting for that price? I thought 30 cents a round for federal brass cased 55 grain 5.56 was a good deal pre panic.

Have I managed to justify what what I'm asking for in trade enough for you all?

nope, not for a 200-250 dollar gun, why no pictures?

verify it here:
J&Gsales
Southern Ohio Gun
(probably Century International too, but I forgot my password)

Any serious collector is going to have a C&R license and is capable of ordering it from any of the wholesalers. Unless you have a compelling reason why your M44 is special I do not think you will fetch what you are asking.

as far as your "gunstockmarket" goes, I suppose there are always those who will jump onboard the stupid train and take it for a ride.

No pictures cause i just don't care, and you are officially thread crapping.

verify it here:
J&Gsales
Southern Ohio Gun

Any serious collector is going to have a C&R license and is capable of ordering it from any of the wholesalers. Unless you have a compelling reason why your M44 is special I do not think you will fetch what you are asking.

as far as your "gunstockmarket" goes, I suppose there are always those who will jump onboard the stupid train and take it for a ride.

BTW that one for $269 is beat up and it's a Tula built gun, If you knew as much as you claimed you would know only the first production year was built in the Iveshek factory before it was outsourced as military rifle. Tula Built the millions that you commonly see for dirt cheap.
Based on the darker coloring of the wood would tell me that one is mil surplus. Mine is the lighter color stock (Witch you as an expert should know by the production factory.)

Who knew just testing the waters would bring so many bubblegums to the table. If you don't wish to trade anything on the list it's time to ignore my add and move along.

If you have questions about markings, production year or anything else feel free to PM me.

verify it here:
J&Gsales
Southern Ohio Gun

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.