JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I reposted this here also as folks with no Mosin addiction will not get the humor.
upload_2018-11-16_18-47-55.jpeg

While I appreciate the historical significance of the Mosin in WWll, I HATE these guns and wouldn't take one for free. They are not fun to shoot, they are not smooth, cool, comfortable, or worthy of bragging. They are the Hi-point of rifles. I don't understand the fascination wit the rifles, but I'm glad we can all make fun of them and those who own them, good naturedly of course. ;)

While I appreciate the historical significance of the Mosin in WWll, I HATE these guns and wouldn't take one for free. They are not fun to shoot, they are not smooth, cool, comfortable, or worthy of bragging. They are the Hi-point of rifles. I don't understand the fascination wit the rifles, but I'm glad we can all make fun of them and those who own them, good naturedly of course. ;)
All the Mausers are gone now and this is what has happened.

o_O

ETA:
Mosin operator's #1 mission :
Shoot (or club) a Nazi so you can get his K98

:)

Last Edited:

In your not-so-humble opinion. :rolleyes:

Plenty of us who have multiples of them feel otherwise. You just have to appreciate them for what they are, not for what you think they should be. If you're trying to compare them to a slick, modern hunting rifle, or even a Garand, you will be disappointed.

What they are is a sturdy, simple, reliable, accurate (enough) old battle rifle that served many millions of soldiers very well for the better part of a century. So go ahead and hate all you want. I kind of wish more people felt like you do, so demand and prices would decrease back to a more affordable level, but that's just selfish of me.

In your not-so-humble opinion. :rolleyes:

Plenty of us who have multiples of them feel otherwise. You just have to appreciate them for what they are, not for what you think they should be. If you're trying to compare them to a slick, modern hunting rifle, or even a Garand, you will be disappointed.

What they are is a sturdy, simple, reliable, accurate (enough) old battle rifle that served many millions of soldiers very well for the better part of a century. So go ahead and hate all you want. I kind of wish more people felt like you do, so demand and prices would decrease back to a more affordable level, but that's just selfish of me.
Affordable? They are just about the most affordable rifle out there. They can routinely be bought for $250-400, cheaper than most modern rifles. Perhaps it's a socio-economic thing.

Other than the reasons above do you like Mosins?

If the Mosin was a modern invention with no historical significance, I suppose I wouldn't have any interest in them either. As someone with an interest in history and the evolution of firearms and all things mechanical, I find myself unable to separate the purely functional effectiveness from the historical fascination.

It reminds me a little of the time I was showing a recently acquired Turkish Mauser to a friend, many years ago. He looked it over with disdain. To him a rifle is only a tool for hunting, nothing more; it's history is meaningless. Where I saw a really neat old gun, he just saw a clunky, heavy, beat-up old junker. It made me a little sad, but to each their own. I see no point in purposefully insulting something that others are interested in.

Affordable? They are just about the most affordable rifle out there. They can routinely be bought for $250-400, cheaper than most modern rifles. Perhaps it's a socio-economic thing.

Not sure what you mean by the socio-economic comment, but it would be easy to mistake it for snobbery.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top