JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody have any experience using the Moses machine works polymer Fal mags in an inch pattern rifle. They are supposedly made to work in both metric and inch pattern Fal rifles. It would be cool if it is indeed the case. Any relevant experience in this regard would be appreciated. I may just have to order a couple from DSA and give it a go.

Should be fine. My understanding is that metric mags work in inch guns, but not vice versa
I am aware that it can be done but in practice wear and tolerance stacking will result in some metric mags falling out of inch guns. The first time I took a mostly full metric mag to the big toe after firing a few rounds through an inch gun, I decided it was for emergency use only. I am hoping the Moses mags have better tolerances and contact area for the inch guns. I went ahead and ordered a few so I will find out for myself and report back.

Last Edited:
I've always heard that metric mags work in inch guns, but never found that to actually be the case, at least in my rifle. Fit is one thing, function is another.

At least in my rifle, the front lug on the metric mags are too short to catch in the receiver. The front of the mag dropped down and caused feeding problems.

I don't know anything about Moses mags. I haven't really messed with FALs for a decade or two. I'd be curious to hear how they work.

Mine seem to work well in my Metric rifles, never tried them in an Inch rifle though, Quality seems good and lock up is sure, albeit slightly tight in my rifles, likely due to the ceracoatings throughout. DSArms stands behind their stuff so if you have issues, contact them and they will try and make it right for ya! I also run a metric ton of their steel mags, ZERO issues in function, fit, and feeding!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top