JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Mossberg 500 12ga Home defense pistol grip. Very clean unknown round count. $350 cash

20120930_200431.jpg

Wow $379.00 +$10 is a great price!

$350 for one that is like new less box and background is even better....

Thanks for the bump

The round count is unknown as stated, however I would guess very low as this gun looks new inside and out. It is a shotgun so barrel wear is not much of a concern anyway.

$379 + $10 = $389 $389-$350= $39

A $39 saving is just over 10% off of Fishermans sale price. Seems fair to me...

I'm actually listing this for a girlfriend of mine so no FFl required. Yes I am an FFL

If you want to negotiate with sellers it should be done via PM and your approach sucked! Maybe you should stick with Craigs List????

I was reading this thread and could not understand why would you negotiate via PM? If your goal is to sell the gun and say if your willing to drop the price and Jason was not interested at the new price point but I was would this not be to your advantage? I would think that any question that I cold answer for one, others might also have so I am confounded by your suggestion of impropriety?

Just curious about your remarks and your gun also at a reduced price as I just paid $269.97 for a Mossberg 500 brand new and looking for a second.

-Doc

Last Edited:
Is that what that is, I thought door breaching was OO buck at two feet :D BTB the one I purchased was the combo with field barrel and 18.5 barrel I just thru a crimson trace rail master on it cool toy!

I was reading this thread and could not understand why would you negotiate via PM? If your goal is to sell the gun and say if your willing to drop the price and Jason was not interested at the new price point but I was would this not be to your advantage? I would think that any question that I cold answer for one, others might also have so I am confounded by your suggestion of impropriety?

Just curious about your remarks and your gun also at a reduced price as I just paid $269.97 for a Mossberg 500 brand new and looking for a second.

-Doc

Knocking an asking price or otherwise attempting to negotiate a price in the thread is just bad etiquette. The PM function keeps this activity solely between the seller and a potential buyer, where it belongs. Put yourself in the sellers shoes. Everyone would like to get what they perceive to be a fair price for their item, you included. Some might even be looking to make a profit (it's the American way). If you were the seller, would you want someone crapping on your thread and possibly costing you a sale?

Thanks for the reply, before I asked the question I did put myself in the buyers shoes and stated reasonable situations where having the price point negotiation publicly seems beneficial to the seller. You mentioned its bad etiquette and that the seller is at some perceived disadvantage but yet you did not explain how. Again I would think if the buyer was asking $400 for a gun listed at $500 and seller responded $450 and the buyer said no thanks but another party interested said I will buy it, how is this bad for the seller? In this case here I was also interested in the gun but not at his price point unless the gun had so extra bits that the pic did not show or maybe I did not notice. Again public communication would have unknowingly helped the seller. Please feel free to sight examples of how the seller is "crapped on" by publicly negotiating price.

Thanks for the reply, before I asked the question I did put myself in the buyers shoes and stated reasonable situations where having the price point negotiation publicly seems beneficial to the seller. You mentioned its bad etiquette and that the seller is at some perceived disadvantage but yet you did not explain how. Again I would think if the buyer was asking $400 for a gun listed at $500 and seller responded $450 and the buyer said no thanks but another party interested said I will buy it, how is this bad for the seller? In this case here I was also interested in the gun but not at his price point unless the gun had so extra bits that the pic did not show or maybe I did not notice. Again public communication would have unknowingly helped the seller. Please feel free to sight examples of how the seller is "crapped on" by publicly negotiating price.

I think there is a general discussion area where this conversation would be more appropriate. Let the guy sell his gun.

Please feel free to sight examples of how the seller is "crapped on" by publicly negotiating price.
Here ya go...
14. Follow these specific classified rules.

As many of our members know, we have probably tried just about every classified policy out there. In the end, freedom won out, and we have decided fewer rules are the way to go. Follow these and you should be fine:

1. No threadcrapping
If you dislike like something about the ad, ignore it. If you spot blatant misrepresentation, an illegal ad, etc. please notify a moderator.
9. If you have a question regarding what you should buy, the value of the item, etc. you should post the question in the appropriate section, not within an ad in the classified section.

It would TOTALLY piss me off if this were my ad.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.