Oregon Morrow County Sheriff’s Statement Re: IP43

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by Howard1955, May 4, 2018.

1. Howard1955

Howard1955
    Dallas, Oregon
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

From Facebook:

BFFF5B8E-C7EC-41D1-ADAD-67F3C42984DE.jpeg

2. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Abso-effing-lutely.

3. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Good stuff.

Waiting on Washington County to respond.

nammac, BDA.45, NW Backpacker and 4 others like this.
  4. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Me too. I can't wait to hear what Sheriff Pat Garrett has to say! :)

nammac, cigars, coyotecaller and 3 others like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki
    Doin Patriot Stuff

I have a letter in to Sheriff Garrett, so i will share if i get a response before any one else, but I can pretty much guess the contents will mirror his 2013 statements in his very well known and loved style! I'm counting on a top quality read that makes me proud to be back in OryGun! :)

nammac, cigars, NW Backpacker and 4 others like this.
  6. AlphaFreeze

AlphaFreeze
    Northeast Oregon

Sheriff Matlack from Morrow County posted this on Facebook today.

Most of you probably aren't familiar with Morrow County. If you've ever driven I84 towards Idaho, there's about a 30 mile stretch of nothing but flat land after you pass all the windmills near Arlington. All that boring flat land off 84 is Morrow County. Although in the middle of nowhere, all these Sheriff's have the ability to influence their partners in the Oregon State Sheriffs Association. I'm fairly certain that Glen Palmer (Grant County Sheriff) is against IP43. I have yet to see Terry Rowan (Umatilla County), Boyd Rasmussen (Union County), or Travis Ash (Baker County) come for/against IP43.

Y2Yl1S0.jpg

7. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775
    NW Oregon
    VINCE AUT MORIRE Silver Supporter

I'd stop a bullet for a Sheriff like that....

nammac, mkwerx, Hayshaker and 5 others like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki
    Doin Patriot Stuff

One of the great things about OryGun, the quality of the Sheriffs! Most are top shelf, with only one or two that need removed!

9. ob1

ob1
    46th parallel
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

A direct result of being answerable to the voters who elect you. Political posturing to pacify the locals.

That being said, it seems like a few actually nurse the assumption that this would somehow insulate themselves from gun confiscation. Not.

Kind of like saying that honey bee's usually won't sting you, so you don't have to worry about them hornets.

10. Flymph

Flymph
    Oregon

That’s more of a political stance and persuasive than a declaration of refusal to enforce.

I still like the stance tho.

11. usausausa

usausausa
    Pettycoat junction

Some of the good sherriff, s are getting near retirement age. If they get replaced by sheep it wont' be good

12. Stomper

Stomper
    SHUT YOUR FACE!!
    SHUT YOUR FACE!! Gold Supporter

.... for them. o_O

13. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

This is what we need .
    After all there the ones that are going to have to come to the door .
    AND SAY I NEED YOUR GUNS .
    MMMMMMM NOT A GOOD DAY

14. usausausa

usausausa
    Pettycoat junction

15. billgrigsby24

billgrigsby24
    Beaverton, Or

Makes me want to move to Morrow Co.

Howard1955 and usausausa like this.
  16. ob1

ob1
    46th parallel

I doubt it.

More likely, multi-agency regional task forces will be formed with ATF, OSP, and officers from the larger cities taking lead agency status. Something similar to what has been seen for decades with drug enforcement task force raids.
    By design, these won't be local guys that are living nearby, and may have friends in the area.

nammac, Hayshaker, Howard1955 and 2 others like this.
  17. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

Well all the more reason for a fire fight mmmmmmm

NW Backpacker and coyotecaller like this.
  18. NW Backpacker

NW Backpacker
    In the hills

That's why you can't wait in your house until they show up. Soon as it starts, you'd have to go on offense and not let them get anywhere near your town. Probably require pre-planned organization though - with lots of team members.

EDIT: Local sheriff might help with organization. ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    nammac and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. Migo

Migo
    Gaston, Oregon

I doubt anyone will come door to door looking for guns. As much as those gun-hating hypocrites want to repeal the 2nd Amendment, they still haven't got rid of the 4th Amendment. IP 43 gives everyone 120 days to get rid of their guns. So before the stormtroopers task force arrives at your front gate with a battering ram tank, you will receive a letter, assuming they even suspect you of having guns, which they shouldn't because you had 120 days to get rid of them. And if that task force shows up at your door, they are going to need a search warrant, and on what grounds would a judge issue that order? Because some FFL had a Form 4473 that says you bought one 5 years ago that could have been sold or destroyed before or during those 120 days? Probably not good enough for a warrant.

And if they send a letter asking if you have that gun you bought 5 years ago, I don't think you would have to respond, because of the 5th Amendment, so they probably wouldn't even send such a letter. It would be pointless. Yes, the US Constitution is a VERY good thing as it is today!

The real pain of IP 43 will be in not being able to shoot on public lands, or even at gun clubs, like Tri-County where LEOs practice, for fear of being harassed or arrested by an OSP.

NY and CT have already passed IP 43 like laws. Only 5 to 10 % of citizens complied. No task forces going door to door. Same will happen here unless people get off their __sses and vote!

nammac, Ura-Ki and Flymph like this.
  20. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA
    Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I specifically moved to Washington County because it is NOT Multnomah County.

nammac, Ura-Ki, mkwerx and 1 other person like this.