JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From Facebook:

BFFF5B8E-C7EC-41D1-ADAD-67F3C42984DE.jpeg

I have a letter in to Sheriff Garrett, so i will share if i get a response before any one else, but I can pretty much guess the contents will mirror his 2013 statements in his very well known and loved style! I'm counting on a top quality read that makes me proud to be back in OryGun! :)

Sheriff Matlack from Morrow County posted this on Facebook today.

Most of you probably aren't familiar with Morrow County. If you've ever driven I84 towards Idaho, there's about a 30 mile stretch of nothing but flat land after you pass all the windmills near Arlington. All that boring flat land off 84 is Morrow County. Although in the middle of nowhere, all these Sheriff's have the ability to influence their partners in the Oregon State Sheriffs Association. I'm fairly certain that Glen Palmer (Grant County Sheriff) is against IP43. I have yet to see Terry Rowan (Umatilla County), Boyd Rasmussen (Union County), or Travis Ash (Baker County) come for/against IP43.

Y2Yl1S0.jpg

A direct result of being answerable to the voters who elect you. Political posturing to pacify the locals.

That being said, it seems like a few actually nurse the assumption that this would somehow insulate themselves from gun confiscation. Not.

Kind of like saying that honey bee's usually won't sting you, so you don't have to worry about them hornets.

This is what we need .
After all there the ones that are going to have to come to the door .
AND SAY I NEED YOUR GUNS .
MMMMMMM NOT A GOOD DAY

After all there the ones that are going to have to come to the door .
AND SAY I NEED YOUR GUNS .

I doubt it.

More likely, multi-agency regional task forces will be formed with ATF, OSP, and officers from the larger cities taking lead agency status. Something similar to what has been seen for decades with drug enforcement task force raids.
By design, these won't be local guys that are living nearby, and may have friends in the area.

I doubt it.

More likely, multi-agency regional task forces will be formed with ATF, OSP, and officers from the larger cities taking lead agency status. Something similar to what has been seen for decades with drug enforcement task force raids.
By design, these won't be local guys that are living nearby, and may have friends in the area.
Well all the more reason for a fire fight mmmmmmm

I doubt it.

That's why you can't wait in your house until they show up. Soon as it starts, you'd have to go on offense and not let them get anywhere near your town. Probably require pre-planned organization though - with lots of team members.

EDIT: Local sheriff might help with organization. ;)

Last Edited:
I doubt it.

I doubt anyone will come door to door looking for guns. As much as those gun-hating hypocrites want to repeal the 2nd Amendment, they still haven't got rid of the 4th Amendment. IP 43 gives everyone 120 days to get rid of their guns. So before the stormtroopers task force arrives at your front gate with a battering ram tank, you will receive a letter, assuming they even suspect you of having guns, which they shouldn't because you had 120 days to get rid of them. And if that task force shows up at your door, they are going to need a search warrant, and on what grounds would a judge issue that order? Because some FFL had a Form 4473 that says you bought one 5 years ago that could have been sold or destroyed before or during those 120 days? Probably not good enough for a warrant.

And if they send a letter asking if you have that gun you bought 5 years ago, I don't think you would have to respond, because of the 5th Amendment, so they probably wouldn't even send such a letter. It would be pointless. Yes, the US Constitution is a VERY good thing as it is today!

The real pain of IP 43 will be in not being able to shoot on public lands, or even at gun clubs, like Tri-County where LEOs practice, for fear of being harassed or arrested by an OSP.

NY and CT have already passed IP 43 like laws. Only 5 to 10 % of citizens complied. No task forces going door to door. Same will happen here unless people get off their __sses and vote!

I have a letter in to Sheriff Garrett, so i will share if i get a response before any one else, but I can pretty much guess the contents will mirror his 2013 statements in his very well known and loved style! I'm counting on a top quality read that makes me proud to be back in OryGun! :)
I specifically moved to Washington County because it is NOT Multnomah County.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top