JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just trying to get 'er done.

I remember doing ride-alongs when I was a stupid kid wasting my Chapter 31 entitlement on a stupid Criminal Justice degree (oh man if only I could go back in time on that one), I just couldn't believe some of those guy's transmissions would last a single shift. Flooring it at every green light, slamming on the brakes from 60, 70mph at every red light. "why not just blow through??" "meh, if you get in a crash you better have a damn good reason for why you were blowing through at code-speed with no code." Ah. No wonder they sell those cars at like 50k

I would NEVER buy a retired Interceptor.

I would NEVER buy a retired Interceptor.

Oh, I don't know about that. Buddy of mine went to a state surplus auction and picked on of these up for $ 800 back in the mid 70's. 440, 4 barrel, high speed wheels, this thing would pin you back in the seat and roast the tires for a city block, even with 140K on it.

1978_Plymouth_Fury.JPG

I would love to have one of these. OSP still has one in Salem, a senior Sgt takes it out and does some traffic enforcement in it about once a year on a holiday, or used to any way.

The Police package on these Mustangs is highly sought after.

FL0111-102213_1.jpg

Can you explain how they flag your plate? Really enlighten all of us? You're plate info is kept with the DMV, which no LEO has acsess to change. So how do they flag it?

This and the other post are so BS, it not even funny. People Herr love to complain about police overreach and abuse but it seems there a huge segment of this sites population scared to do anything.

Don't think anyone is scared of much of anything. They are just not "dumb" :)

Although I would Not do this to LEO's, I used to have the LTD Manager's (Office) Phone on my Speed Dial:

I lived near the Third most Accident prone intersection in Eugene, and I would regularly see LTD Buses violate more yellow to red light changes than any body!!! I once saw a bus desiring to do a Left turn, pull out, into the "Traffic Lane", waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear, so he could turn.

His turn, was completely on the Red Light, as 99% of the drivers in that area drive like ~Bagdad Bob~, the Taxi Drive in NYC! By doing that, he blocked Six Lanes of traffic, adding in the North/South turn lanes. What that One bus driver did, was cause Traffic Delays for close to fifteen MINUTES, due to in ability to move Promptly!!!! It really does Back Up like that...

I call, leave my name & phone, Bus #, Route # and all other data... LTD Buses have a VIDEO CAM, on the drivers instrument panel, so it is not my word against the Bus Driver, their is taped Proof.

The Happiest Day in a decade was when I moved out of that place!

Some may think that is petty, my POV is, regular folks watch "Professional Drivers" do stuff, and decide it is OK... No, it is still law breaking. That intersection goes from Plain Bad, to All H33£ breaks Loose, when the nearby schools get out, with School Busses adding into the Extreme Mess!!!!

philip

Don't think anyone is scared of much of anything. They are just not "dumb" :)
Okay maybe not scared just ignorant. I gave the OP a real solution. He and other here should stand up and lodge a complaint. But according to you they shouldn't, they should continue to let people abuse their power because they might be harassed. I hope the OP does lodge a complaint and when nothing happens he comes back to let us know.

Last Edited:
One time I was doing 45 in a 25 when a city police caught me on radar and spun around to catch me. There I was at a red light, right hand lane with a car behind me and then the cop car. Pretty sure he was waiting for me to turn right so he could follow and ticket me at first chance. Light turned green and I just sat there, didn't move. Pretty soon, yellow and then red. Then it turned green again and I just sat there. I knew if I pulled out it was ticket time and I wasn't about to volunteer for one, and I don't think he wanted to walk up to my car in traffic. I can hear him back there honking on his horn but I just sat at the green light. Pretty soon yellow and then red. I'm sure I could feel his anger as he sat there through multiple green lights. Finally, he must have got a call and put his light on and went around the car behind me and my car as well. As he passed by, he shook his finger at me. I avoided that particular route for a few weeks, just in case he remembered what my car looked like.

:D

I've probably told this story here before, but when I lived in the Seattle area, during my morning commute, I once witnessed a WA stater pull onto 405 from Redmond road, pull across all lanes (is it 3 or 4 there?) of morning commuting traffic to get into the HOV lane, do 90 MPH down that lane to the next exit, then pull back across all lanes of traffic again and get off at that exit.

No lights. He was catching up to another stater ahead of him.

I happened to know what was at that exit, so just to confirm my suspicion I pulled off at that exit to see if they stopped where I thought they did.

Sure enough - the local donut shop.

OP - I also had an undercover LEO flash his lights at me - he was in the fast lane blocking traffic. I passed on the right, then got back into the fast lane. I was speeding, but I was keeping pace with traffic. He flashed his lights, I got over, then he passed me, still in the fast lane.

Yes, some LEOs are anal orifices. Power corrupts, even that little bit of authority.

respect-my-authority.jpe https://nwinton.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/respect-my-authority.jpeg

Okay maybe not scared just ignorant. I gave the OP a real solution. He and other here should stand up and lodge a complaint. But according to you they shouldn't, they should continue to let people abuse their power because they might be harassed. I hope the OP does lodge a complaint and when nothing happens he comes back to let us know.
In my experience LE orgs pretty much ignore all minor complaints, and even some more serious ones. I once complained about a reckless driver to the WSP and they just blew it off.

You sure make a lot of ASSumptions.
No I agree with lodging a complaint, but flipping them off and you will get more than you want and it will solve nothing but get you a lot of sheite. It does not take too high of an IQ to comprehend that one.
Oh hell go flip them all off I like reading about the exploits ROFLMAO
There are smart ways to get even and there are really dumb ones.
Figure out which is which on your own...................:D:D:D:D

I headed home late one night after my friend's wake. I wasn't drunk just tired.Got pulled over and to get out of the bad stuff you take all the classes.
At one of the classes was a beautiful blonde stater. She starts talking about drunk driving and then her husband...ALSO A WSP....came up. He had been at a little party with some friends and decided to head home.
This was 5-6 years ago if you remember it.
Dropped his cell phone.
Leaned over to get it
Swerved across a few lanes on the 405 at the 167 and killed a guy
Never went to prison or lost his job.
There was a few of us that were fairly pissed while listening to this wife talk about this ordeal,defending her husband....but not driving drunk!
File all the complaints you want.
Good luck!

Yeah, I hear you. I guess in the heat of the moment I was prepared to break out the hornet repellent (ORS book). But you're probably right that in the end it isn't worth it.
I don't make a habit of proffering the digit. With all the crazies out there why give them an excuse for a display of road rage?

I don't make a habit of proffering the digit. With all the crazies out there why give them an excuse for a display of road rage?
Once I gave a copper the thumbs up. Pretty darn comical his quadruple take to make sure I wasn't fingering him. I still laugh about it.

Once I gave a copper the thumbs up. Pretty darn comical his quadruple take to make sure I wasn't fingering him. I still laugh about it.
I knew a guy in roseburg during high school, he was driving like a bat out of hell in front of a cop. The guy sees him, and gives him a big goofy grin and a thumbs up, cop busts up laughing.

I remember back in the day, mid 1980's i had a 69 chevelle, 350/ 4 speed.. going down the freeway doing 65 in a 55. I didnt notice but a cop car came barrelling up next to me in the passing lane, then stayed next to me and revving up and slowing down, like he wanted to race. I looked over in horror, knowing darn well i was about to get a ticket, I put my hand in front of my face and slowed down to 55, then both cops started laughing and took off ahead of me. Also back in the 90's I overnighted in Dnver , and was up at 4:30 a.m. to fly out, my team went to denny's next to the hotel, there were 2 cop cars, slowly rolling in the denny's parking lot with there spot lights on each other, they each had the window down about 2 inches and were spraying mace at each other. we parked and went in to eat, then a few minutes later they all came in, we started laughing, but they were keeping there game face on, no emotion.. I picked up a dodge charger from the state auction last year, but it was so much fun to drive i had to sell it a.s.a.p., before i got into trouble.

dodge.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top