JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Something really pissed me off this morning. It was about 8:10am and I was pulling out of the McDonald's after picking up my coffee, waiting for my turn to pull out into traffic. I saw there was ample space to fit into the traffic flow. The next car was about a 1/4 mile+ down the road. My motto is (given normal traffic flow) that when I pull out I should not effect others speed behind me, they shouldn't have to apply any break. If they do, I shouldn't have pulled out in front of them. So anyway, I pull out with more than the average acceleration. Next, I hear a honk behind me. I look back and the car that was a long ways away is right up in my trunk. The only way for this car to be in my trunk so soon is if they accelerated to well above the speed limit as i was pulling out. You're probably thinking that I just misjudged the speed of the car initially, but I'm telling you they were 1/4 mile+ down the road and this is a 35mph zone. Anyway, my window was still down from the drive through so immediately preceding the honk I displayed the bird out the window knowing I was not in the wrong. Next thing I know, the honking car turns on flashing red and blues, but only for a second. Once the initial shock wore off from realizing I just flipped off an undercover (not unmarked, I know the difference), I was even more pissed. I thought to myself, "just because you're undercover doesn't mean you can drive like an asshat and flash your lights when someone calls you on your BS". Directly proceeding the flashed lights I motioned for the car to pull off so we could talk about the misuse of light flashing. The car continued on down the road after I pulled off. I pulled back out onto the road and a few minutes later I saw the car turn off down the street towards the State Police building here in Milwaukie.

I should have got the license plate and filed a complaint. Time for a dashcam!

Thoughts? Am I overreacting?

Last Edited:
Do you make a habit of whacking hornet nests with a stick?
If so, then feel free to make a complaint to the OSP.
Personally, I like to stay as far away from Johnny Law as I can and don't want to get on their list of
"Who can we jack around today".

Last Edited:
Do you make a habit of whacking hornet nests with a stick?
If so, then feel free to make a complaint to the OSP.
Personally, I like to stay as far away from Johnny Law as I can and don't want to get on their list of "Who can we jack around today".

Yeah, I hear you. I guess in the heat of the moment I was prepared to break out the hornet repellent (ORS book). But you're probably right that in the end it isn't worth it.

I guess my only real objection was that a public servant, operating in an official capacity, whose salary I pay, is being an asshat while operating a sate owned vehicle that I also helped pay for. Me, on the other hand, I can be an asshat. No one is paying me to be otherwise.

Last Edited:
Dema the guys that give all Leo a bad name.

It sucks, I feel for you - send him some bad karma and forget about it.

He was probably in a hurry to go beat his wife and kids...

If you want to complain you are well within your rights to do so. Flaying he bird, even at LEO's, is protected free speech in Oregon. You can complain to dispatch and they will forward your complaint to a supervisor who should determine I'd he can figure out who it was and go from there. Be sure to ask for a call back with the resolution. When you talk to dispatch ask them for the case number so you can follow up on it if you like. Be polite and professional. Also try to get all your details correct, description of the car and exact times. If it really bothered you call them on it. Stand up for yourself.

PS OSP's dispatch number can be found online.

Your word versus his is unlikely to amount to much. Chalk it up to an experience and let it go. If we complained on everyone who drove like an asshat on public roads, we'd spend our entire waking hours doing so.

We were working out of a yard in Everett and working across the ferry in Kitsap county. Every day going to the ferry was a stater with his caution lights flashing to get traffic ove so he could get to the ferry on time.
I hit enough bees nests when I was a kid,then stirred them up when I got my Mustang.
What he did was 1 of the LEO perks.Just let it be:cool:

You will end up with intense interest in your driving habits and skills. You will end up selling your car to some poor schmoe who will get harassed by the locals until they figure out you changed cars.
When you're out in the woods and have to pee, do ya check to make sure you're not peeing into the wind? Don't do it, just walk away and be glad the snake missed.....................

I guess my only real objection was that a public servant, operating in an official capacity, whose salary I pay, is being an asshat while operating a sate owned vehicle that I also helped pay for. Me, on the other hand, I can be an asshat. No one is paying me to be otherwise.

Uhh yeah go for it.
ROFLOL
JUST BE READY
They will probably flag your plates to every other osp, maybe even their city buddies, just to make all your future commutes more interesting.
And keep that stick sharp. You might come across a couple more LE to poke with it LOL
:D

Uhh yeah go for it.
ROFLOL
JUST BE READY
They will probably flag your plates to every other osp, maybe even their city buddies, just to make all your future commutes more interesting.
And keep that stick sharp. You might come across a couple more LE to poke with it LOL
:D
Can you explain how they flag your plate? Really enlighten all of us? You're plate info is kept with the DMV, which no LEO has acsess to change. So how do they flag it?

This and the other post are so BS, it not even funny. People Herr love to complain about police overreach and abuse but it seems there a huge segment of this sites population scared to do anything.

They put it on paper, or what ever antiquated device available, even memory and return the favor when the spot ya again. They will keep your life from getting boring for a while :)

Ohh never mind. I guess I don't know what I am talking about :D
Just go about business as usual. :)
You must be real young ?

Can you explain how they flag your plate? Really enlighten all of us? You're plate info is kept with the DMV, which no LEO has acsess to change. So how do they flag it?

This and the other post are so BS, it not even funny. People Herr love to complain about police overreach and abuse but it seems there a huge segment of this sites population scared to do anything.

The police do have license plate scanners. Im sure if they wanted to, they can flag a license plate in that scanning system for it to pop up whenever they saw the car.

<broken link removed>

Its also difficult to do anything about Police abuse when they are now armed to the teeth by Homeland Security

I commute to work and back, making a 75 mile round trip along I-5 on most days for the last 12 years. I can completely relate to the OP's frustration as I deal with d**kheads like that on a regular basis.

Considering the forum we are on, though, I have to wonder if OP is licensed for concealed carry. If so, and carrying, as a responsible license holder you are obligated to do everything possible to avoid confrontations. Flipping the bird doesn't qualify.

Not trying to be preachy or anything like that, just saying.......

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top