JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
we usually drive down to my parents place in Redding for thanksgiving. This storm is likely gonna make it so we have to stay home. First year of my life not being home with my parents for thanksgiving. My wife and I are pretty upset about it
OH OH! This means she may have to cook ...And you'll have to eat it...... Face bigsmyl.gif

Snow only in the hills here. My parents farther south received a bunch last night though. We're set with a woodstove and an auto-on generator. Though on the way home I'll need to pickup groceries and restock the Strategic Booze Reserve.

I am still alive.
Once again I have defied death and triumphed over evil.
Or something.

A "Bomb Cyclone"
My God...........even the term puts fear into the hearts of men everywhere.
Could this be related to the "Cone of Uncertainty"?
That scares the heck out of me.
It's a cone.........but we're not certain.
Film at 11.
Help me.

I had a full 3" at my home, I love how the main stream media blows almost everything out of proportion.... I stop watching TV news years ago because of junk like this and their political views

we usually drive down to my parents place in Redding for thanksgiving. This storm is likely gonna make it so we have to stay home. First year of my life not being home with my parents for thanksgiving. My wife and I are pretty upset about it

Bummer!

Still time to head down, should y'all choose to do so.

I'd recommend such a drive only if you all are running studded snows. They're not magic, but give enough traction to avoid "the other guy"...plus keep the tank at half & above the entire trip. Just in case there is an unexpected closure/delay.

Looks like the 5 is reopened all the way southbound, was closed at Ashland overnite for a bit. May be closed NB in CA still. Dunno for sure.

Bummer!

Still time to head down, should y'all choose to do so.

I'd recommend such a drive only if you all are running studded snows. They're not magic, but give enough traction to avoid "the other guy"...plus keep the tank at half & above the entire trip. Just in case there is an unexpected closure/delay.

Looks like the 5 is reopened all the way southbound, was closed at Ashland overnite for a bit. May be closed NB in CA still. Dunno for sure.

have been watching Tripcheck.com all day. we are gonna give it a shot here in about an hour. Dont have studded tires but we do have a traction device I can put on our AWD Acura if/when necessary

have been watching Tripcheck.com all day. we are gonna give it a shot here in about an hour. Dont have studded tires but we do have a traction device I can put on our AWD Acura if/when necessary

Safe travels!

Keep the speed down, listen to some audio books...whatever will keep you all off of the skinny pedal. Especially if the roadway looks wet (skim ice).

Best is to hunker a few hundred yards behind a line of semis and let the yahoos goose on by, even if things "look good".

Meh.

A little wind and some snow in the south part of the state and in the mountains.

Nothing I haven't seen before. Had relatives in Medford - it was not uncommon that they could not get over the Siskiyous (or didn't want to risk it) in the winter for Thanksgiving or Xmas.

It seems every time we get a little bit of snow it is a 'blizzard', a little bit of wind or rain and it is a 'storm'. I've been here when we had a real cyclone (1962) - this is nothing - at least so far.

It ain't methane, it is hydrogen sulfide. H2S.

I know all there is about flatulence, both as an international competitor, and world-renowned ambassador and Diplomate of the United foundation of Crepitory studies.

It's a gas

Just got back from Az, We had epic weather the whole trip! Just north of Vegas, we had winds up to 60 MPH and had to pull off for a few hours to wait for the winds to die off enough to drive safely! Made it as far as Fallon Nv, and called it a night! Next day was pretty calm for the first part, most of the way north to Fields Or. was gusting winds and light snow, the Major pass between Fields and French Glenn was brined, sanded and easy, and stayed mostly clear to Burns, where it all went to hell! Winds were up heavy but Highway 20 stayed clear till about 5 miles east of the City limits of Bend where it was sticking and getting packed to ice! Called it a night only to wake up to 4 or 5 inches and getting heavier! Chains required over the pass on 20 west 8 miles west of Sisters, and SLOW going! The Highway 22 split was almost bare pavement all the way over the summit and clear all the way down to Salem!

Safe travels!

Keep the speed down, listen to some audio books...whatever will keep you all off of the skinny pedal. Especially if the roadway looks wet (skim ice).

Best is to hunker a few hundred yards behind a line of semis and let the yahoos goose on by, even if things "look good".
Thank you for the advice. We made it safe. Though there was a bit of white nuckleing over lake Shasta.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top