JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been on here for a few years now and lurked for many more before that. Seems like now is the time for a proper introduction.

Grew up with guns but my dad was never a big gun guy. A couple single shot shotguns and .22s accompanied by a couple Big 5 bargain Mosins was our stable. Most of my shooting was with my Red Ryder though. Thousands of rounds through that thing and I still have it. Did some more shooting and archery throughout my Boy Scout years. When I got older, I liked the idea of being self sufficient, so I asked my parents for a hunting rifle for my birthday. A Savage 110 XP in .270 Win after a lot of back and forth between that and the 30-06. Nice package deal with a scope from Wal-Mart. First shot was my first and only scope stamp. Haven't been hunting with it, but someday perhaps. After that came the Mossberg 500, a Smith and Wesson 5906 (we'll just forget about that terrible Llama 1911 clone), and the XDm 9mm I replaced it with because I shot my buddy's XDm so much better. I always kind of regretted letting the 5906 go, so I tend not to sell firearms once acquired. Gone through a lot of phases and waxing and waning interest in the ensuing years. Did the AR thing, did the revolver and lever gun thing, and more recently been going back to .22s for the ammo cost and I picked up a .22 suppressor that makes me smile. My favorite out of the lot? Probably have to say my Winchester 9422 I picked up from a local shop for $400 bucks. Great little shop, but that's another story for another day. I liked it so much, I saw Winchester made an engraved Boy Scout version. Managed to track down one never fired in box. I'm not really a box collector, but that thing is too pretty to shoot. In general, I like to make long gun and hand gun combos that utilize the same ammo or even the same mags. Bought a Glock 45 and 19 just for magazine compatibility with my Ruger PCC. Really like my Marlin 1894CSBL that goes with my Ruger GP-100. And the 9422 goes well with my Ruger Single Six or Ruger SP-101 in .22. There's a reoccurring theme here because Ruger makes a lot of guns I happen to like.

Outside of guns, my family moved to Oregon when I was young, was involved with Boy Scouts into college, went to college, and been in the IT world as a programmer ever since. My wife, my sons, and I spend a disproportionate amount of time at the beach, detrimental to more adult responsibilities. But I figure, when I'm on my deathbed, I'm not going to look back on my life and wish I did more chores, so the beach trips continue. Once upon a time, I raced cars and built off roaders too, but family took center stage with the arrival of kids.

Anyway, I enjoy having discussions with you lot and reading them when I don't participate. Thanks for having me!

"Learn anything?"
I most certainly did. Always check for about three fingers of eye relief now. It probably would have bled less if I had taken the transparent scope cover with the hard plastic lip off and been hit by the rubber surround of the scope itself. I felt real slick in front of my future wife right after I had paid the range fees and just fired my first shot.

I'm sure we took a trip to the beach to help me get over the trauma. Hah!

I most certainly did. Always check for about three fingers of eye relief now. It probably would have bled less if I had taken the transparent scope cover with the hard plastic lip off and been hit by the rubber surround of the scope itself. I felt real slick in front of my future wife right after I had paid the range fees and just fired my first shot.

I'm sure we took a trip to the beach to help me get over the trauma. Hah!

As a Scout, the of the Order of the Weatherby Eyebrow might be compared to the Order of the Arrow, with the initiation ceremony somewhat more painful and certainly much more brief.

Man, that brings back memories. I spent a fair amount of my time in Boy Scouts involved in Order of the Arrow in particular. Lo La'Qam Geela lodge. Fire, fire, firebirds! Worked as a Camp Ranger at Camp Makualla (Crescent Lake, OR) for a few years doing wilderness survival, canoe trips, rock climbing, hiking, and biking. All the fun stuff. I was even Section Secretary in the OA for a while.

My boys are getting that age. May be about time to give Scouts a go. Not sure if it kept me out of trouble or got me into more trouble, but I learned a lot and had a ton of fun.

Great having you here. I'm really liking how this feature is causing everyone to engage.

Hope to see you at a Trash No Land cleanup sometime.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top