JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
la-1557356237-eomrs777d2-snap-image.jpeg
Massive cache of 1,000 guns seized from Bel Air mansion during ATF raid

Read it twice and didn't see any mention that they found evidence of illegal gun manufacturing, or any other crime. So, until I see more information, I'll go on the assumption that it was a wealthy person with a large personal collection that the neighbors or someone else didn't like so they called the cops.

Read it twice and didn't see any mention that they found evidence of illegal gun manufacturing, or any other crime. So, until I see more information, I'll go on the assumption that it was a wealthy person with a large personal collection that the neighbors or someone else didn't like so they called the cops.

Not sure. It said that was the reason for the raid from a tip.

If it was just a collection, I'd be pretty pissed the feds stacked them up like firewood.

If I had the money to live there I'd have a 'massive collection' of guns as well.

Better then a massive collection of shoes or something stupid that doesn't hold value well.

I have to admit that I'm biased towards the scenario I laid out after having one of the neighbors (during my short residency in Maryland) call the Anne Arundel county constables on me for having a "bazooka". It was a 6 foot piece of black iron pipe. This was back in the 70's. No search warrant, but they did stop by and ask me about it.

If I had the money to live there I'd have a 'massive collection' of guns as well.

Better then a massive collection of shoes or something stupid that doesn't hold value well.
Lol if you have the money to live in Bel air.
You have the money to move from California.
And take your tax money with you.

I spy some Colt Pythons! :eek:

Here's a pic from the commie news network. Doesnt really look like the types of wares one would be selling to gangbangers.

190508181322-02-lapd-atf-seize-weapons-exlarge-169.jpg

More than 1,000 guns seized from a home in upscale neighborhood of LA - CNN

ATF spokesperson Ginger Colburn said in a written statement that authorities were anonymously tipped off that someone was "conducting illegal firearms transaction outside the scope of the federal firearm license that the individual possess."

They were an FFL?

So the guy was an FFL and had too many guns. Pissed off the wrong people/person and the authorities were called. Sounds a little red flaggy to me..

From the article "The ATF said in a statement that its agents searched the home after discovering an individual illegally selling firearms "outside the scope of the federal firearm license that the individual possess.""

It's not very specific and I checked the ATF Press Releases, nothing there, yet anyway.

From the article "The ATF said in a statement that its agents searched the home after discovering an individual illegally selling firearms "outside the scope of the federal firearm license that the individual possess.""

It's not very specific and I checked the ATF Press Releases, nothing there, yet anyway.

As sad as it is, I hope they have some substantiating evidence because I don't really want to live in a country where someone can level a random fictitious firearms related charge at me and get arrested because I have a large gun collection and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads