JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too have a Concealed Carry Permit...
And while I do dislike the notion of asking permission to "bear arms" ....I do so because :
As noted above the more people that do so...may make it more difficult to stop....
And in order to "bear arms"*...as well as keeping outta jail and such....I have to ask...as much as it pains me to do so.

* Yes I know about open carry and do so at times....However... at many places and times , it is far easier to carry concealed and avoid many unpleasant interactions.....
Andy

Just a thought....the more people with a permit. The harder it is for the politicians to take it away.

I too have a Concealed Carry Permit...
And while I do dislike the notion of asking permission to "bear arms" ....I do so because :
As noted above the more people that do so...may make it more difficult to stop....
And in order to "bear arms"*...as well as keeping outta jail and such....I have to ask...as much as it pains me to do so.

* Yes I know about open carry and do so at times....However... at many places and times , it is far easier to carry concealed and avoid many unpleasant interactions.....
Andy

Or…….

It creates a database and makes it easier for the politicians to know who has guns.

:s0131:

Or…….

It creates a database and makes it easier for the politicians to know who has guns.

Yep...so very true.

With that said I am sure that I am and have been on many a list anything from the infamous "sh!tlist" to
" OMG...He is ex-Army , was a Ranger and has combat experience...now he owns guns list".
( I have no doubt that I am Santa's naughty list too...:D )

Seriously though...
While I dislike being on a list and do agree with what you said....
What bothers me more is :
The chipping away at the ability of being able to own firearms as well as having the means ( like ammo ) and places to go shooting....
In addition to the common idea that guns are dangerous and gun owners are bad at best.....
Andy

This is why I encourage every gun owner I meet to get their concealed carry permit. Even if they never intend to carry that way. There is strength in numbers and having it now and not needing it is better than needing it now and not having it.

15% seems to be a pretty typical tipping point when it comes to seriously impacting the path of legislation and elections. I'd love to see the CCW permits hit that number in every state of the Union.
I like this and I'm going to start telling new gun owners this. Plus it will give them an excuse if they kind of like the idea but just don't want to be "that guy".

Or…….

At some point we have to stop hiding.

BUT, But, but.....in the BLUE States......they generally really know how to control folks. Yup, the BLUE politicians just know better. They CARE.

Oh......WAIT, Wait, wait......I live in a BLUE State.

stop-the-world-i-want-to-get-off-quote-1.jpg

So.....do the red state folks take any notice of what's going on?

CCW....that's the subject.

Sorry folks. And, the standard disclaimer applies.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I know more permit holders who don't regularly carry than those who do. I myself carry all the time.
I honestly had never considered the number of people who hold CHLs, CPLs, CCWs, whatever, who DON'T carry. I guess it's a pretty sizeable number. I have a buddy who likes to buy guns and has considered getting his OR CHL to help cut the wait time... l guess he'd be one cuz l don't think he has any intention of daily carrying.
Pretty much everyone l know carries... but I'm kind of a recluse weirdo and don't really know that many people.

What about those of us who live in states that have constitutional carry?

I've moved to Tennessee and I just strap it on, step out the door and it's no one's biz.

Cheers

Yep...so very true.

With that said I am sure that I am and have been on many a list anything from the infamous "sh!tlist" to
" OMG...He is ex-Army , was a Ranger and has combat experience...now he owns guns list".
( I have no doubt that I am Santa's naughty list too...:D )

Seriously though...
While I dislike being on a list and do agree with what you said....
What bothers me more is :
The chipping away at the ability of being able to own firearms as well as having the means ( like ammo ) and places to go shooting....
In addition to the common idea that guns are dangerous and gun owners are bad at best.....
Andy
You can thank the many gun owners in Wa & Or who do not get involved in fighting the opposition to the gun haters for the encroachment.
I don't know but I'll bet that a lot of them don't want to pizz off their liberal wives… just sayin…

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top