JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I may have missed it in the article but many folks like myself have a permit from more than one state upping the permit count but lowering the body count

Also, I may have heard wrong but didn't Washington change their permitting practice to state if your from out of state you needed to get a permit from your home state to get a Washington permit. If this is true folks in Idaho may just have gotten the Idaho enhanced to carry in Washington and not renewed their Washington permit dropping the states numbers.

I may have missed it in the article but many folks like myself have a permit from more than one state upping the permit count but lowering the body count

Also, I may have heard wrong but didn't Washington change their permitting practice to state if your from out of state you needed to get a permit from your home state to get a Washington permit. If this is true folks in Idaho may just have gotten the Idaho enhanced to carry in Washington and not renewed their Washington permit dropping the states numbers.
Yeah, it sounds like a rollback of Reciprocity is in the pipe. I say we need a counteroffensive to go Universal Recognition by initiative...

With so many states going to Constitutional carry, a lot of folks I know did not get a permit or renew theirs at least here in Idaho as they do not cross state lines. Mainly younger folks at least but at the same time most of these folks opened carried before the law change as it was and still is legal to do.

I have the Idaho Enhanced and currently Washington accepts it so I may not renew my Washington permit after 44 years of having it. I do not work over there any more and maybe go into the state once a year to visit family so if my Idaho permit is good to go then I no longer need both.

Its up next year so we will see if I do or not its sorta like I have had it so long I might get it just because I have had it so long, why stop now.

What about this permit?
%3Astrip_icc()%2F82638952-56a9aadd5f9b58b7d0fdcec6.jpg

With so many states going to Constitutional carry, a lot of folks I know did not get a permit or renew theirs at least here in Idaho as they do not cross state lines. Mainly younger folks at least but at the same time most of these folks opened carried before the law change as it was and still is legal to do.

I have the Idaho Enhanced and currently Washington accepts it so I may not renew my Washington permit after 44 years of having it. I do not work over there any more and maybe go into the state once a year to visit family so if my Idaho permit is good to go then I no longer need both.

Its up next year so we will see if I do or not its sorta like I have had it so long I might get it just because I have had it so long, why stop now.
In Arizona a ccw permit also allows me to park in a school zone as long as my guns are locked in a compartment in my vehicle

n Arizona a ccw permit also allows me to park in a school zone as long as my guns are locked in a compartment in my vehicle
The two main reason most folks get the Idaho Enhanced permit is to carry in Washington and to buy guns without having to do the instant check as it replaces it.

But it also allows carrying on college campuses and also picking up their kids on school grounds, they are not allowed in the school but they do not have to remove their gun to pick them up.

I have it to buy guns as there is another person with the same name and even though his first name is slightly spelled different his bad deeds has caused me problems. This person went on a bad check/credit card spending spree (not his account) years back to the tune of around 40,000 along with other illegal issues. So, I started to get calls from credit companies and even a police visit verifying I was not him and it caused constant delays in my background checks.

So, I got the permit and have had no issues ever since.

The two main reason most folks get the Idaho Enhanced permit is to carry in Washington and to buy guns without having to do the instant check as it replaces it.

But it also allows carrying on college campuses and also picking up their kids on school grounds, they are not allowed in the school but they do not have to remove their gun to pick them up.

I have it to buy guns as there is another person with the same name and even though his first name is slightly spelled different his bad deeds has caused me problems. This person went on a bad check/credit card spending spree (not his account) years back to the tune of around 40,000 along with other illegal issues. So, I started to get calls from credit companies and even a police visit verifying I was not him and it caused constant delays in my background checks.

So, I got the permit and have had no issues ever since.
My friend lives in Vegas. There are five others with the same first and last name; all are felons. His father, with the same name, is in prison for murder. He has had some gun buying fun. I do believe the ATF PIN has helped.

Joe

I went for my out-of-state for WA a couple weeks ago and they didn't say anything about my OR state one. Or at least I don't remember having to show it to them.

Just a thought....the more people with a permit. The harder it is for the politicians to take it away.

Just a thought....the more people with a permit. The harder it is for the politicians to take it away.
This is why I encourage every gun owner I meet to get their concealed carry permit. Even if they never intend to carry that way. There is strength in numbers and having it now and not needing it is better than needing it now and not having it.

15% seems to be a pretty typical tipping point when it comes to seriously impacting the path of legislation and elections. I'd love to see the CCW permits hit that number in every state of the Union.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top