JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you can take the time to shoot you can pickup trash ~~ consider it paying for the privilege of having a place to shoot.Unfortunately there is not enough law enforcement to spend a lot of time working shooting areas. We could easily do that @ the local range as people who use it are locals and easily to track,but local law do not consider it a priority to check it on week ends when it's busy. It should be a requirement to use the range. A few tickets do several things ~~ cut down the usage or clean things up.
You have to walk into the range if you don't have the combo ~~ most trash is small enough to carry out. But our macho shooters / hunters Are beyond picking up after themselves. People are pigs

I like the chain gang idea.....they can clean up a lot of places. My mother was a 4th generation Spokanite, she always thought they should bring back public whipping (like they used to do in Spokane) for things like this. No jail costs, well publicized...........Hmmmmmmm will that to think about it.

Some interesting ideas being presented here but one thing stands clear - actually having the FS LEO resources available to enforce any laws. In my 30 something years of shooting in 'dispersed' areas I can count on one hand the number of times I have been approached by a FS LEO let alone even seeing one drive by - and if memory serves it's been maybe three times.

If you can take the time to shoot you can pickup trash ~~ consider it paying for the privilege of having a place to shoot.Unfortunately there is not enough law enforcement to spend a lot of time working shooting areas. We could easily do that @ the local range as people who use it are locals and easily to track,but local law do not consider it a priority to check it on week ends when it's busy. It should be a requirement to use the range. A few tickets do several things ~~ cut down the usage or clean things up.
You have to walk into the range if you don't have the combo ~~ most trash is small enough to carry out. But our macho shooters / hunters Are beyond picking up after themselves. People are pigs
Like everything else.........you have to make examples of the offenders you do catch.

I do not want to advocate for gun/vehicle confiscation for target shooting/dumping violations. That would be like shooting ourselves in the foot!
I don't necessarily agree with this action either but how would it 'be like shooting ourselves in the foot' - only those violating the laws would subject to the penalties.

One important note on my prior: I also believe Asset Forfeiture needs reform, to only trigger upon conviction. And THEN, and ONLY with that tight restraint, would I support much more aggressive use of it to wring restitution from the convicted. "Violate labor laws having illegals tend your vineyard, lose the vineyard" has a certain appeal for taking some wind out of Nazi Piglosi's sails, doesn't it?

This is a up hill battle guys. I went to the clean and shoot in Hockinson. Went back with Joe13 about a month later to test fire a rifle and the place was totally trashed again.

Something has to be done to hold people accountable for there actions. :mad:

This is a up hill battle guys. I went to the clean and shoot in Hockinson. Went back with Joe13 about a month later to test fire a rifle and the place was totally trashed again.

Something has to be done to hold people accountable for there actions. :mad:
The only problem I have with asset forfeiture is it needs to be done by a judge. I think when most of us see assets taken it is more likely in a plea deal agreed to by the violator to avoid or minimize jail sentences. I find trashing public (or private) land equally obnoxious as poaching where this type of penalty is commonly imposed.

The only problem I have with asset forfeiture is it needs to be done by a judge. I think when most of us see assets taken it is more likely in a plea deal agreed to by the violator to avoid or minimize jail sentences. I find trashing public (or private) land equally obnoxious as poaching where this type of penalty is commonly imposed.

I'm not saying assets need to be taken. But something needs to be done. community service at the pits would be a good one. If you leave something behind and get caught then you have to serve 30 days cleaning up others crap! If enough got caught and punished then people would quit doing it. The other thing that would have to go along with that is the media has to get the word out there so people sitting on there lazy arses at home sit there and go damn remind me to clean up after my self next time because I don't want to be that guy.

I can have some sympathy for someone that truly has a hungry family and needs to eat poaching a deer. (Most poaching cases are not about that these days) but there is absolutely no excuse for the kind of trashing and damage to our lands by immature irreverent humans out for a good time.

We should all do our part, that's just being a healthy community member.
Although those who prove egregious misconduct such as this need to be held accountable.
I'm just particularly fond of getting work or some value out of their punishment. "Nullification" of the problem also suits my fancy, if ya catch my drift.

I like the penalty of community service ~~ cleaning up shooting areas by violators.Their gas/time and etc. must bring photo and trash to law enforcement . It is still a big problem as law is toooo busy doing other things

Make the penalty where they have to maintain the site spotless clean for 30 days min. before they can stop... they'll learn real quick how big a problem it is and by 30 days will probably be reporting the other offenders if not beating them.....

I'm not saying assets need to be taken. But something needs to be done. community service at the pits would be a good one. If you leave something behind and get caught then you have to serve 30 days cleaning up others crap! If enough got caught and punished then people would quit doing it. The other thing that would have to go along with that is the media has to get the word out there so people sitting on there lazy arses at home sit there and go damn remind me to clean up after my self next time because I don't want to be that guy.
Do it Sheriff Joe style, issue 'em an embarrasing pink uniform they have to wear on work detail that EVERYBODY knows why they're there. :)

Make the penalty where they have to maintain the site spotless clean for 30 days min. before they can stop... they'll learn real quick how big a problem it is and by 30 days will probably be reporting the other offenders if not beating them.....

I think one day a week oh say every Saturday for 5 weeks would get their attention.
But I'm not sure how this activity would be enforced, who has the authority? o_O
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top