JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Step one to a new AWB is to whip up public support. They dont have it right now, but with enough "Evil black gun" stories in the paper, internet, and cnn over the next couple years they'll get there eventually. Once the public support shifts or the minority out yells the rest of us watch our "representatives" switch sides so fast we'll all have whiplash.

Eh, it's pretty clear that Clinton, Holder, and the rest of the gang have no clue what they're talking about every time they get up infront of the cameras to open their yappers.

On and on about automatic assault rifles, grenades, yada yada yada, never stopping to think that most of the weapons that are being used in the high-profile attacks they're using as examples, already are illegal for civilian purchase.

In the early 90's, it seems like they were blaming Mexico for bringing in all the cheap machine guns to LA, and now it's all reversed. :rolleyes:

Well, low and behold... all OVER the news tonight (Fox, CNN, etc.) Mexcian drug cartels and 80-95% of all the guns used are coming from the USA... this is going to keep ramping up until the public gets numbed to it and will go along with another AWB... that is the obvious plan the a$$hats in D.C. are using.

Step one to a new AWB is to whip up public support. They dont have it right now, but with enough "Evil black gun" stories in the paper, internet, and cnn over the next couple years they'll get there eventually. Once the public support shifts or the minority out yells the rest of us watch our "representatives" switch sides so fast we'll all have whiplash.

This is exactly what the political spin-doctors are doing. The anti-gun politicians know that the issue of gun-control was not a factor in BHO getting elected, but it is nevertheless a key element in their long-term strategy for America, and so they have to start the propaganda campaign now so they can move their agenda forward later. They do it in small incremental steps, by exploiting events like the violence down in Mexico. Rahm Emanuel made this pretty clear when he talked about not letting a good crisis go to waste. It is clearly deceitful and brings shame on our government.

FYI: While guns are far more heavily restricted in Mexico than in the US (this is true of almost all of the world) they are far from banned entirely. Mexican's do own guns legally and some even get to carry them concealed legally. Of course, many more recognize that their right to armed self-defense is none of the government's business and do what they have to regardless of legalities.
There is a strong self-defense ethic among your average Mexican and their constitution has it's own version of our 2nd Amendment so I wouldn't be surprised if the gun / self-defense laws there improved eventually. :)

A couple of teens back in the eighties were in College in central Kalifornia.
They were of perhaps what would be considered upper class. I think one's
father a banker the other an airline pilot. They were amazed at extent of private collections here in the states. The statement was made ownership
was very expensive there, and few legal ownerships by their countrymen.
Seems I recall something about those weapons of a military caliber were not
leagally allowed. Even bullets for those rifles were outlawed, and the same penalty was given for bullets as the rifle. In the early 60s the Federal Police
or Guard carried some type of bolt action rifle and a side arm that was a copy of our 45 Auto or maybe some they bought from us. Who knows !
Trading of arms and ammo goes back a very long time, with some being
loaned and returned, and some simply given to those allies that don't have any. Even today people are receiving benefit of those loaners through the
CMP. Garands and .30 Carbines being sold of late, came from a loan to Italy. Not very much left it seems, but Greek ammo is being sold as milsurp
ammo by the same CMP. The really strange part is that Mexico ammo does
not seen in short supply and sold in the USA among other countries. It seems pretty certain that gun trading can come from many sources besides
the US. Most of those weapons described as being used by the Cartel could
only come from the military. Full auto, grenades, rocket launchers are not
household items or found in any gun store in the US.

While it is quite simple to build a Full Auto AK47 - I don't understand why a Drug cartel would be willing to pay the premium for a Legal full Class III MG or Full auto Rifle.

When you consider that most of the Full autos in the US run thousand and even over $10K for a single weapon - why would they buy from a US Dealer when the could smuggle in full rifles from Asia, South America or Europe/ME? Get a container full for the price of a few US F/A Rifles.

Why don't we hear about all the Class 03 dealers being arrested because they can not account for the thousand of F/A weapons that are on their books but have no chain of custody and are just gone. You can't walk in to a Class 03 Dealer and walk out the same day with a weapon -(Even as a business with a trust your not going to walk out the same day) it still take 2-3 months for the ATF to process the paperwork.

Also why don't we here about all the Grenade attacks in America - with so many floating around the streets, gun shows and in bulk at Costco Gun Club an Wally World. You would think that you would hear about thousands killed each year with grenades in North America - outside of the Armed forces - I am unaware of any grenade deaths in the USA. ( except perhaps flash bang and concussion grenades and tear gas that are used by SERT/SWAT and LEOS) . Yet I have heard about all the deaths by Taser over the past few years.

While we hear about the violence in Mexico I can't think of one grenade going off in a market place in Mexico in the last year in the news.

You'll never hear about the high level corruption in any government. I'm 100% convinced that the cartel weapons came from their police/military or the international black market. If the weapons did come from us then give us the serial numbers and let the BATFE do their job and find out where the weapons came from. Governments still have issues with weapon accountablility. The US and Iraqi governement lost what 300k AK's and 150K pistols. Not much was said about it cept, hope they don't end up in the insurgents hands. People just don't seem to get it that there are a bunch of countries out there that want us to fail and don't mind nudging us along that course.

OreGunSun, I quite agree with you, and believe the statements that these
guns from the USA are bogus. Those Grenades you see are inert or practice
type, and lack some major internal parts to make them go, like a little cap that serves as an ingnitor that lights a fuse that looks a little like a blasting
cap. It lights a main powder charge in the body and expanding gasses frag-
nate the outer steel body or the newer type that coiled soft steel with notches around the coil covered with a smooth steel cover that also frag-
mates. All the contents must be what is designed for it, so it would be very
dangerous to attempt to recreate the original. In fact, it would be safer perhaps to build a pipe bomb or build the type found in sand country.
So far nothing mentioned about type or serial numbers. Many countries
have our combat weapons. Some even manufacture them. They will use anything to justify a permanent gun ban. True facts or not. Mexico has the
man power to control their boarder, but lacks the will, and would miss the profit. It is true that there are many many weapons that went missing from
Iraq, and many were very much worn out. None of those Grenades used by
LEOs are Frag type. Mostly OC gas and smoke. They are more dangerous
when then come in contact with flamable contents of the interior of a house,
than effect of the gases. For this reason Fire departments are usually on standby before they are used when possible.

Turn the light on and watch those cock-a-roaches run!

Long article

Here is an excerpt-

"I would agree entirely [that] DCS (and DoD gifted, as opposed to DCS sold) weapons are obviously the simplest explanation for the massive rise in the number of fully automatic weapons, grenades, rockets, etc., obtained by the narcotics gangs. … That is to say, they are obtaining their weapons from their own, Mexican, government, by various illegal means.

… The Mexican government has a long and well-documented history of corruption at all levels, from city to federal. Most of the weapons being "displayed" [in the media] are simply not available for sale to American civilians, particularly including the grenades — both 40mm and hand types. …

… The source of these weapons can be easily traced by ATF. … All foreign sales must be reported to ATF prior to shipment, just in case the government wishes to hold up a shipment to a particular country, etc. Tracing the serial numbers would be easy, with US government assistance, of course."

And, another-

"A former DEA agent, who also asked not to be named, says the shipment of military-grade weapons to the Mexican government under the DCS program, given the extent of corruption within that government, is essentially like “shipping weapons to a crime syndicate.”

At least one individual with long connections to U.S. intelligence agencies is convinced that the corrupt transfer of arms between the Mexican military and narco-criminals in Mexico is more than theory.

Tosh Plumlee is a former CIA contract pilot who flew numerous missions delivering arms to Latin America and returning drugs to the United States as part of the covert Iran/Contra operations in the 1980s, according to public records. After becoming troubled by those government-sanctioned missions, Plumlee decided to take his concerns to Congress."

i emailed and got a response from david wu

he states the heller case understated the need for "controls" imposed locally.

keep that in mind during the next election.

The people of the state voted him in knowing he was a far leftie. The same with Oregon, where the populated areas are much the same. I wonder what
they will feel when they find out that they have been dupted by their great
change leader when things begin to crumble and true public unrest begins:angry:

The people of the state voted him in knowing he was a far leftie. The same with Oregon, where the populated areas are much the same. I wonder what
they will feel when they find out that they have been dupted by their great
change leader when things begin to crumble and true public unrest begins:angry:

3/24/09 transcript excerpt From POTUS BHO
"I think, hopefully, people will judge that body of work and say, "This is a big ocean liner. It's not a speedboat. It doesn't turn around immediately. But we're in a better -- better place because of the decisions that we made."

Sad to say that I have never seen a sinking ship turned around. A boat has a point of no return when it takes on water. I love my country , I am not a pessimist but I am a Pragmatist and a Realist. The moral fiber of our nation is not what it was.

For the most part a great percentage of the people are "somatized" and are satisfied as long as they get "Bread & Circuses ". Most Americans haven't a clue how good we have it and the lifestyle we live. Yet this melting pot is a pressure cooker.

Frankly, I would feel far safer in America if I had seen more steam being blown of over the past 6 months. I think that a few riots are healthy (while dangerous ) they let the steam off - keeping the pressure from building to the point where it blows.

That is what concerns me - The employment numbers reported ( are a sample taken from 60,000 phone calls ) not the true state of the job situation. Check the BOLS website.

The " damn the Torpedo's full steam ahead" attitude from our representatives locally and in DC. When 100:1 calls to DC were against the first bailout last fall.

We are so divided polar opposites in America so much Pro-/Con, Left/right , Blue/Red. That we we are more divided than united.

The economy only makes the situation worse. When Average joe citizen would have frowned 5 years ago about joining a protest or that it was silly what was going on., after they have been out of work for 6 months. When People talk about pitchforks and Torches and Tea Parties.
You add another group of people discontented. It is more fuel for the fire and the fury that is brewing. We are becoming united but not necessarily for the right reasons.

We have more firearms than citizens in America.

In the 60's it was the Civil Rights movement.

Today it will be the Citizens Rights movement. The thing that people forget is that our ancestors that fought the British and founded this country, wrote letters, when that failed it was no longer peaceful. The weapons that they had were they legal. Just food for thought.

As crime increases, people feel the need to protect themselves.

Look at the 5 Borroughs that make up NYC (21 Million people ) How do contain or control a Mob in NYC.

We have too many perfect storms brewing on to many fronts, and we are divided.

We talk about stimulating the housing market and getting credit to families and small businesses. What happens when the farmers can't get credit to plant their crops? Will they plant 45 days late after the Government moves?

What happens as the Homeless Army Grows? as the Bushvilles/Obamavilles grow. ( Hoovervilles tent cities during the first Depression.)

The most dangerous person that you can interact with is the one that has nothing to loose. The ranks of that army grow daily.

When peaceful citizens are ignored by their representatives, when the phone calls, e-mails, and letters go by the wayside.

The bread is running out and the TVs are being repo'd so they can't be entertained by the circus.

If your car becomes your home - Think that your going to give up your peashooter?

Think gas was expensive last summer? What do you think that it will be if we repeat history and OPEC punishes us because Israel hits Iran with bunkerbuster's we sold them in December of 08. We sold 6 million pounds of munitions to Israel in December. Israel is the one of the few allies we have in the Middle East.

A new Gun ban could be the poke that wakes the sleeping giant. ( Who seems to be half awake already) Yet nothing that happens in DC surprises me any more.

I am not scared, I am prepared. Few governments are as stable as America has been, for as long as she has been stable. Yet the things that made us stable aren't their any longer. Yet the fire is being stoked and the parties continue. Just like the government system that we built the nation on ( The Roman Empire) did.

Think that Roman citizens would have given up their swords?

One thing that made America strong was free enterprise and capitalism. Now we are working on a recovery with
"CAPITOLISM" economy run by politicians on Capitol Hill.

[/RANT OFF]

Note: I am not advocating Anarchy or overthrow of our government or illegal activities.

If you don't think about the future, you can't prepare for it.

I certainly don't consider your ideas a rant. In fact, you are dead on! Mostly I think that we have only seen the tip of the iceburg. Only, those here illegal, or those oil profit countries who wish to use it to punish us, don't
give a fig about history or the destruction they create. The fear will always be there unless we correct those type of hinderances. Our whole concept
is destroyed by spending our way out economy, with sooner or late reaching the point of no return. Your example of the farmer is classic, and point right on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top