JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really didn't expect to find that in the middle of the article! :s0001:

The availability of guns compounds the problem, criminologists say. But Pennsylvania, the state with the most gun-related officer deaths so far this year, has among the strictest gun laws in the country, according to a ranking by the pro-gun-control Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Other states, like Louisiana, Oklahoma and Kentucky, have very little oversight and had few, if any, officer gun deaths this year.

I read this earlier today and was also pleased to see that section. Over restrictive gun laws only affect the law abiding citizen, not the criminal.

Even an idiot like myself knows that all crime will only continue to rise with the current economy. It has nothing to do with availability of guns. It has to do with availability of money and the stress that lack causes. I'm willing to bet home invasions have gone up also.

Chicken-Sheit "smash n' grabs" are increasing (for sure)... that being they bust into an unoccupied house (even with a monitored alarm system), grab all they can carry and dash out before the police arrive... we had that happen to us just this summer... alarm went off, five cops showed up within a few minutes, but the meth-heads were gone, along with my kids Nintendos, misc. video games, AND my Aussie wife's heirloom jewelry that was her grandmother's... oh the tears she cried that day (and this morning, BTW)... good thing I have all my firearms in a STOUT gun safe, THAT would have TRUELY SUCKED!! :(

GET A GUN SAFE!!! :s0155:

the April 4 shooting in Pittsburgh, suspect Richard Poplawski has been accused by prosecutors of ambushing the three officers when they responded to a domestic disturbance call. Wearing a bulletproof vest and armed with weapons including an AK-47 assault rifle, he started shooting almost immediately after they arrived, authorities said. Poplawski has pleaded not guilty
The Media is the best. I want to know where he got an AK-47.

Kevin Morison, a spokesman for the Officers Memorial Fund, which keeps the statistics, said he sees people on both sides of the gun debate using the numbers to prove points.

"But folks who are willing to intentionally target police officers seem to be able to find a way to accrue guns regardless of what the laws in those state would be," Morison said
Seems to be a factual statement.

Thank you to all the good LEOs out there. I know you have a hard job.

Chicken-Sheit "smash n' grabs" are increasing (for sure)... that being they bust into an unoccupied house (even with a monitored alarm system), grab all they can carry and dash out before the police arrive... we had that happen to us just this summer... alarm went off, five cops showed up within a few minutes, but the meth-heads were gone, along with my kids Nintendos, misc. video games, AND my Aussie wife's heirloom jewelry that was her grandmother's... oh the tears she cried that day (and this morning, BTW)... good thing I have all my firearms in a STOUT gun safe, THAT would have TRUELY SUCKED!! :(

GET A GUN SAFE!!! :s0155:

Lame. Yeah, I definitely would like to get a proper safe eventually. My gun locker is pretty secure unless someone had enough time and a fire axe.

Here's another odd ball from that story, they calculated the percentage change wrong, or at the very least phrased their result wrong.

In 1973, during a heyday of corruption and crime, there were around 600,000 officers and about 156 gunfire deaths. Currently, there are about 900,000 law enforcement officers nationwide and only 47 gunfire deaths this year — a per-capita decrease of nearly 21 percent.

% Change = ((New - Old)/Old) * 100

Which using their numbers is actually a 79.9% decrease. If they wanted to use the smaller number they should have said is 'New' is 20.08 (they rounded incorrectly as well) of 'Old'.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top