JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The upside is that people are slowly learning to do the research for themselves. I saw a study years ago that showed that at the time the U.S. had the most sophisticated (and prolific) commercial advertising in the world, and also the most resistance to advertising. Ads didn't work as well on us as they did where they were fewer in number and/or less carefully crafted. People have tuned out of mainstream media and their numbers have plummeted. They don't seem to care much for independent thought: http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=62561
Last line of the linked article:

"In contrast, the average CNN watcher is a complete moron."

:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

Who knew...??? o_O

Music video[edit]

The video to the song was one of the first music videos aired on MTV, and is a combination of actual footage of Lowe's wedding to Carlene Carter,[9] as well as a humorous re-enactment of the wedding, featuring Carter as herself, Dave Edmunds as their limo driver,[9] Terry Williams as the photographer, Billy Bremner as the baker, and Jake Riviera (Nick's manager at the time) as the best man. The wedding took place on August 18, 1979, at the Tropicana Motel in West Hollywood. All family stayed there for the wedding and reception (also featured in the video). Filming for the video took so long that Lowe was actually late to the wedding.

Free??? Where the hell does the money come from that pays for these programs?
Take a guess….

1D1D4CB5-2435-46B0-8E17-502988E71267.jpeg

Prosecution of felons illegally trying to purchase a gun is at the discretion of the local DA. I don't know about other firearm laws broken by a felon. I assume it's also up to local authorities in certain cases. In 2019 4% of felons nationally attempting to purchase a gun illegally were prosecuted. A few years ago Ted Cruz and another Republican whose name escapes me proposed legislation to make this a federal crime and prosecuted by the DOJ. The bill was defeated by democrats, the same folks that want more gun laws. Biden voted against it. This never seems to make the nightly news. Edit 2019, not 1999

Last Edited:
Prosecution of felons illegally trying to purchase a gun is at the discretion of the local DA. I don't know about other firearm laws broken by a felon. I assume it's also up to local authorities in certain cases. In 1999 4% of felons nationally attempting to purchase a gun illegally were prosecuted. A few years ago Ted Cruz and another Republican whose name escapes me proposed legislation to make this a federal crime and prosecuted by the DOJ. The bill was defeated by democrats, the same folks that want more gun laws. Biden voted against it. This never seems to make the nightly news.
I have to think that a large number of people being "Denied!" are people that didn't realize they weren't legal to own a gun. Or the denial was a mistake. I know crooks are stupid for the most part, but even a dummy that knows he's not legal isn't going to think, "Hey, maybe they forgot I was a felon" (said in a doofus voice.) So having police running to slap the cuffs on somebody that didn't know they were prohibited seems a bit much. And what about the people that a mistake is made? And they get false denial? That'd be uncomfortable!

A few years ago Ted Cruz and another Republican whose name escapes me proposed legislation to make this a federal crime and prosecuted by the DOJ. The bill was defeated by democrats, the same folks that want more gun laws. Biden voted against it. This never seems to make the nightly news. Edit 2019, not 1999
Well, that makes sense, doesn't it...?

I do understand straw purchase and I just found an article saying they falsified documents so it makes more since now but the first 3 articles made no mention of this. They did mention that a number of the guns were at their fathers home and several where found in one of their cars but only stated a couple where in an other persons possession and selling a few guns is hardly a straw purchase.

Do not get me wrong I figured it was all illegal but the articles I found where just pushing the purchase aspect as if that was the crime and nothing else.
Yeah threads like this are pretty obnoxious.

Stating "Google........ anything" is a horrible conversation starter.

Because then anyone with no prior knowledge gets bombarded with crap, and not all articles/sources are reporting it the same way some will spin it racially, political etc. And that makes it uninteresting and muddled to me.

If rather see a thread like this started where the OP states something like "anyone following the green brothers case"

The op having at least a rudimentary understanding of the subject can then link to a particular article that they feel gives a good general overview of the topic, and back seats the where's Waldo aspect of the story.

I googled the subject skimmed a couple articles but not really into playing detective. Usually of the subject/story is interesting ill search the internet for additional stories as I may want to know more but starting out with a

"Hey Google what the ATF is doing now"

Or

"Anyone heard of this new gun law coming out?, Google weird new gun law"

Is sheety way to get peoples opinions just like you tubers that try to click bait you, this is why I no longer watch Demo ranch on youtube.

call me a bleeding heart (believe me im not - im just a realist), but i feel like we need housing as a "human right," and that every major metro area ought to set aside land for bare bones tiny home mini cities with resident elected patrol/security, resident run facilities, and with regular transportation provided to city public transit.

it wouldnt (need to) cost much, and would get them the bubblegum out of my neighborhood AND provide a jumping board for the ones who really do want to get their bubblegum together and reintegrate into productive society.

most civilized nations at least that much, and in places where its been implemented well its worked really well. sure youll have a bottom-of-the-bottom segment who will never accomplish anything but an overdose, but at least the ones who have hope arent robbed of any chance to succeed for sake of the bad ones.

if we can spend billions on a single jet, we can drop a handful of millions toward pretty much solving the homeless problem.

We already spend an enormous amount on social services, and those who really want out can get out.

I'll premise the following with saying this is NOT a slam on anyone:

The problem with those who have a (for lack of a better term) "democrat mindset" and all their approaches to social programs (that obviously have not been successful overall) is a failure to grasp the nature of humans.

The adage of, "if you feed them, they will come, and they will stay" comes to mind. Now there are those (on both sides of the isle) that use that to increase their political and economic power. It's never been about helping those in need, it's always been about feeding off of them….

Tough love is true compassion, being cruel to be kind (in the right measure) inspires and raises self-sufficient, productive individuals.

its a construct argument, and feels like a convenient excuse to not have to help. "oh snap, NOT helping is actually better than actually helping? sign me up!"

its akin to praying for people in need/trouble, instead of actually doing something. oh, such a great help.thx.

but let's test the argument: where has leaving homeless or any socially disadvantaged to their own devices EVER facilitated improvement?

When you allow someone to stay comfortable within their weaknesses, they will wallow in it, plus you've completely missed what I was saying and are attempting (intentionally or not) to construct a "prove a negative" tactic to bolster your "feelings" on the matter.

Let's instead address empirical information since you're the one who's fired up to spend OTHER PEOPLE'S money on government social programs for the homeless, so why don't YOU elucidate us all (in non-general terms) on the "successful" history of all the government social spending programs since LBJ's "great society"?

Not that it's any of your business, but as for me, on top of paying over $1k in taxes EVERY WEEK (which fund social programs), I donate an average of 5-figures to organizations every year. I just cut a $500 check to a local organization last week that helps families (local to me) in need during the holidays, but they're of MY choosing, and they meet MY expectations of performance and accountability. That's a fair deal, since it is MY money earned on MY time.

All that I've perceived is you beating your chest & virtue signaling on how much "better of a human being" you are than everyone else simply because you declare it.

Don't presume to preach to me about helping my fellow human beings, because you don't know the first F-ing THING about me, at ALL.
Back when I was a member of a communist group, I read and had the good fortune to meet Paulo Freire. His words on 'generosity' are appropos here:
True generosity consists precisely in fighting to destroy the causes which nourish false charity. False charity constrains the fearful and subdued, the "rejects of life," to extend their trembling hands. True generosity lies in striving so that these hands--whether of individuals or entire peoples--need be extended less and less in supplication, so that more and more they become human hands which work and, working, transform the world.

Back when I was a member of a communist group, I read and had the good fortune to meet Paulo Freire. His words on 'generosity' are appropos here:
Simplified: A Hand-UP rather than a Hand-OUT.

Our system WOULD work if criminals were TRIED, PROSECUTED and HELD ACCOUNTABLE if found guilty.
Prison/jail should be hard labor with NO luxuries like those afforded nowdays.
You comment brings up a question. During the riots here in potland, and elsewhere, there were people detained but not held or charged with crimes. Are all those violent destructive A-holes on a prohibited list now?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top